Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Updated iTunes to 12.3 (Vista OS) and Updated my iPhone 6s to 9.0, when trying to sync my music it does not sync. The new iTunes is only for Windows 7. Anyone know if they will release for older versions of Windows?

iTunes 12.3 and iOS 9.0 (iPhone 6s) is not compatible with Windows Vista. Anyone know if there will be an update of iTunes for older Windows Vista OS? Or alternative way to update my iPhone music playlist.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 9

Posted on Sep 22, 2015 12:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2015 12:21 PM

There is a new (and likely final) release of iTunes for Windows XP 32-bit and Windows Vista 32/64 which includes support for iOS 9, though not Apple Music.

See Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates if you have any problems installing it.

tt2

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 22, 2015 12:21 PM in response to kev0172

There is a new (and likely final) release of iTunes for Windows XP 32-bit and Windows Vista 32/64 which includes support for iOS 9, though not Apple Music.

See Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates if you have any problems installing it.

tt2

Oct 8, 2015 5:57 AM in response to turingtest2

Just created this account especially to thank you, you've saved my life as well. I have Windows XP and I made a mistake updating iPad 2 because when I went to connect it to iTunes, it said iTunes needs update as well but can only be updated in Windows 7. I really can't see any point in these updates especially when the one before it was perfectly fine. I still believe that the version that came with the iPad 2 when I bought it five years ago was the best version ever. Call me old-fashioned but I like it simple, and that's why I still use Windows XP even now. Now, I just have to remember to never ever update again or else I am doomed. Especially since you gave us what you said "the new (and likely final) release of iTunes for Windows XP and Windows Vista". You are a life-saver, truly!

Updated iTunes to 12.3 (Vista OS) and Updated my iPhone 6s to 9.0, when trying to sync my music it does not sync. The new iTunes is only for Windows 7. Anyone know if they will release for older versions of Windows?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.