Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Audio Book purchased from iTunes doesn't show up on new iOS9 iBooks app

I purchase an audiobook from a desktop version of iTunes for a road trip. Apple has recently moved audio books from iTunes (now Apple Music) to iBooks. Since iBooks uses my Apple ID instead of my iTunes ID the audiobook I just paid 30 dollars for does not show up under my purchased item in the app. iBooks seems to pull its credentials from the "Apple ID" so changing my crednertials there will screw up all my other apple ID related apps.

Needless to say I am very frustrated and would rather eat glass than deal with iTunes support.. Ideas?

Posted on Sep 22, 2015 12:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2015 1:55 PM

Audiobooks are (and always have been) a one-time only download from the store, they won't show in the Purchased tab in the iBooks app on your device for redownloading on it - you need to connect the device to your computer's iTunes and use the Books tab in iTunes to select and sync it to the device.

2 replies

Audio Book purchased from iTunes doesn't show up on new iOS9 iBooks app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.