Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacPro (late 2013) freezes on startup then shuts down

Dear Community,

my MacPro Late 2013 suddenly has an error!

3,7 GHz Quad-Core 10 MB L3-Cache

12 GB (3 x 4 GB) DDR ECC 1866 MHz

1 TB PCI-e- Flash

2 AMD FirePro D700 GPUs each 6 GB GDDR VRAM

I just can't get my Apple Mac Pro to work again, this is what usually happens when I start the MacPro. It just freezes there and then shuts down after a few seconds

User uploaded file

sometimes there are no green lines....when I press APPLE+CTRL+P+R this is what pop ups:

User uploaded file

Posted on Sep 22, 2015 12:30 PM

4 replies

Sep 22, 2015 1:13 PM in response to katamaran888

- Try resetting the SMC and NVRAM/PRAM

Intel-based Macs: Resetting the System Management Controller (SMC)

About NVRAM and PRAM

- Try starting in Safe Mode

- Try starting in Safe Mode

OS X: What is Safe Boot, Safe Mode?

- Boot to Recovery and repair the startup disk

OS X: About OS X Recovery - Apple Support

- If it is repairable reinstall the OSX

How to reinstall OS X on your Mac - Apple Support

- If you do not have a backup use disk utility to restore the internal disk to an external disk so y can try to recover data.

Then format the startup disk and do a fresh install of OSX

- Try Running Apple Hardware test

Using Apple Hardware Test

Sep 23, 2015 8:11 AM in response to katamaran888

it says that everything is fine

Apple diagnostics tend to say "No Fault Found". That is NOT an indication everything is fine, it is just what it says -- the test did not find anything (maybe because the test is not as strong as it should be).

The green lines on the screen in your original post are a view into the memory on the display card. They indicate that memory is scrambled up garbage. At a minimum, they should be a single uniform color.

I think you have a Hardware Problem, and should take your Mac in for service. Be sure to make an appointment, else you will be turned away and scheduled for later.

MacPro (late 2013) freezes on startup then shuts down

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.