Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't I post

I tried to post a question and it won't let me.

Tried again. No luck.

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), 4 GB RAM

Posted on Sep 22, 2015 1:10 PM

40 replies

Sep 22, 2015 1:16 PM in response to AuCountry

Well, this posted fine. Be sure you ask the question in the body of the post and not in the topic Title. if the latter is too long then it may not be accepted. If you include inappropriate language or words then it will not be accepted. Don't include Crash Reports that contain characters that aren't readable.

Sep 22, 2015 2:22 PM in response to AuCountry

You are limited to one post per 30 or 60 seconds. Also, you may get timed out if you wait too long (20 - 30 minutes) with no activity on the forums - both of these are security features to discourage spammers.

Is this what you are referring to?

Creating a Playlist for an iPhone: Why doesn't it work?

A long post and then a long second post - so timing out could have played a part and/or you tried to post within 30 - 60 seconds.

Feb 6, 2016 11:56 AM in response to JRWEST881

The main reasons have been noted above. The most likely is that were automatically logged out during a long enough time of inactivity. If you haven't changed to another forum or topic, it will still say Logout by your name towards the top left of the page, even though you've already been logged out. This is the usual source of confusion. You can confirm that by simply clicking on any topic or forum heading. If you have indeed been logged out by the system, it will now say Login by your name.

Why can't I post

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.