Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Podcast app crash iOS 9

I regret updating to iOS 9 since I can't use the podcast app anymore. It just crashes when I try to use it. Very disappointing, please fix!

Posted on Sep 22, 2015 4:14 PM

8 replies

Oct 1, 2015 2:58 PM in response to picnicuk

same here. i get past updating, but it crashes after about 5 or 10 seconds. But at least I can see my podcasts are still there.

and here is a diagnostic clue. If I turn off wi-fi, it does not crash and I can play podcasts. It seems to be a bug with the updating process. So the initial update worked on wifi, but subsequent updates crash the app. By turning off wifi, apparently it will not attempt to autoupdate. It still crashes on cellular if you try to manually update podcasts.

so you can listen to your old podcast episodes, but you can't download new ones.

Oct 1, 2015 3:12 PM in response to mwgillenwater

UPDATE didn't work here.....I have the latest one this am mentioning fixing Podcasts ....my app just crashed three times....and I have it dumbed down....all subscriptions turned off . I have only audio podcasts on iPhone 5S ( don't work ) and only video podcasts on iPad Mini 2....seem to work OK so far. I switched to Overcast on phone....working great....looks similar to Apples Podcast ....at this rate...may never go back.

Oct 2, 2015 2:05 PM in response to mulelady

Hey a lot of people are having this issue. I was too. I updated to iOS 9.0.2. I was able to open the app and see my podcasts but after 5-15 seconds the app would crash again. I was able to get it to stop crashing though after going through a few steps.

1) keep opening the app until it stops updating your podcast list.

2) once all of your podcasts have stopped updating, double click on the home button to bring up the app switcher (not sure if that's what it's called but I hope you know what I mean)

3) close the Podcast app by sliding it up in the app switcher.

4) open the Podcast app again and click on the first podcast you see. The quickly hit the power button to lock your phone while the podcast is still playing. When you do this the app will stay open and keep playing that podcast.

5) let the podcast that you started listening to play all the way through and then let it start the next podcast in your list automatically (if you have any in queue).

When I did the above, the next time I opened the Podcast app it didn't crash and it hasn't since. Hope this works for you.

Podcast app crash iOS 9

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.