Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

getting an error that tells me to call 1-844-613-2030 that i have a **** virus

Receiving a security error in safari which instructs me to call apple at 1-844-613-2030 tried a force quit and a restart but error persists. message is only showing up in one log in of three on the mac air. all software up to date

any suggestions

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Sep 22, 2015 4:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2015 4:13 PM

Relaunch Safari with the Shift key held down. If the message reappears, disconnect the computer from the Internet for long enough to erase that site from the browser history.

(133830)

6 replies

Oct 2, 2015 4:39 PM in response to Niel

hi i had this and i called that number and the agent said to me to did something to come in to my labtop to see what's happen and he didi something that i don't know and he setup some app call anti malware and at the end he turned on my firewall because it's turned off but after that i search on google and i find out i shouldn't call that number and unfortunately my apple support expire and i'm scare that what's happen plzz help me

Oct 3, 2015 4:03 PM in response to poouuyya

This just happened to my roommate while I was gone. If you paid for it, DISPUTE IT WITH YOUR CREDIT CARD COMPANY.

They lie and say that they're Apple support, but they aren't.

Anyway, my roommate's computer is probably full of malware now. She called them and talked to someone. She downloaded something that gave them full access to her computer. And then once they had control of her computer, they then told her they could fix the problem for a few hundred dollars. She said that she wasn't going to pay them when they said it was $350 to fix it, because her computer is 4 years old. But then he said she had a virus that would delete everything on her computer if she didn't, so she paid them.

He was still doing things when I got home and she told me about it. I'm assuming the computer is now a zombie computer. I do know they took a list of her contacts. I literally just got a Facebook message from them(never had one before). I turned her computer off. But unfortunately, I think the system is full of junk. It's probably going to need a total reinstall.

If you fall for this, you should immediately dispute the charge with your credit card company and cancel the card. After Googling it, it looks like other people are saying they get a whole string of fraud charges on it, a few days after paying them.

getting an error that tells me to call 1-844-613-2030 that i have a **** virus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.