Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Touch Screen unresponsive after iOS 9 update

Date - 09/22/2015

I upgraded to iOS 9 and after few hours the touch screen has become unresponsive.

I am not able to restart my phone. Can somebody help on how to resolve the issue?

Thanks,

Neha

iPhone 6, iOS 9

Posted on Sep 22, 2015 4:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2015 11:51 AM

Hold down the power and home button simultaneously to restart. The screen should work again. I've had the same problem.... updating to 9.0.1 now 🙂

14 replies

Oct 11, 2015 6:31 PM in response to neha_p

I Have restarted my phone over 10x today and i still have not gotten my touch screen to work! This week my phone is lagging and unresponsive, I pay to have a cellular service and i can't figure out how to get my phone to work! Using my iPad for everything when I'm connected to wifi is not going to work come work tomorrow! How can I get my screen to work again! Restarting my phone is doing nothing for me!

Nov 18, 2015 4:47 AM in response to neha_p

My iPhone 5 did not have any issues related to any of the suggested fixes for the unresponsive touchscreen issues while running iOS 8, why now with iOS 9 do I need to try these suggestions to fix something that was not broken. It is not the phone that is broken, it is the upgrade to iOS 9 that broke the phone, we should be able to revert back to the previous iOS when issues like these happen. I keep checking for additional patches for iOS 9 to fix the unresponsive screen issue, but no more patches lately.

It happens 4 or 5 times a day, you cant drag stuff around on the screen (it starts to move, then snaps back), or it does not recognize screen taps when trying to type on the screen keyboard, or trying to launch an app.

Dec 21, 2015 3:44 PM in response to Jake002

My iPhone 6 plus is a paper weight. As of Dec 21st i am still unable to find a response from apple addressing this issue that works. I did however find the direction to try and power down your device by sliding the "slide power off" button. Which of course doesn't work if your screen is unresponsive. Does this have to do with 3D touch?

Touch Screen unresponsive after iOS 9 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.