Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Outlook 2016 Not Working with iCloud for Windows 4.2

Today, I upgraded Office 2013 to Office 2016 (32-bit) and found that Outlook 2016 started freezing when I would interact with my iCloud calendars or email. I uninstalled, then reinstalled, all Apple apps (iTunes, iCloud for Windows, Updater, etc.) Now when I open the iCloud panel I keep getting a message to repair iCloud for Windows.

Has Apple not updated iCloud for Windows to work with Outlook 2016? It's not that much of a problem at the moment. I have my iPhone to manage calendars and emails but its not as convenient during my work day.

Anyone else seeing this?

Windows Desktop-OTHER, Other OS

Posted on Sep 22, 2015 4:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2015 8:45 AM

bump

28 replies

Sep 28, 2015 7:43 AM in response to Breklin

Same problem here. I've reinstalled Office 365 today (a software issues caused me to re-install) and only Office 2016 version is now available. All my calendars are in ICLOUD and I sync to office. The Calendar option to sync does not work and keeps wanting me to repair icloud. (Latest version od icloud).

My question is Office 365 2016 preview has been around a while and now it has been officially released and office 2013 not available to download. Why have Apple not got there act together and got this working. It's got a point where I will abandon apple as I don't need issues like this as it causes me time and money and I don't need the agro. If someone from Apple reads this takes note. Your software is getting worse. IOS 9 gave me issues too and the quality is going downhill fast. If it's a Microsoft issue with Icloud Apple must have known about this.

Cheers in advance to a quick fix.

Oct 8, 2015 4:14 PM in response to Breklin

This is a big problem. I just replaced my laptop and Dell required me to go with Office 2016 rather than 2013 so I was stuck. I'm certainly not going to be the last person forced to go with Office 2016. This is a big reason I use an iPhone because it's easy for my family to share calendar events with each other and that's five iPhones. Let's go Apple...get on this ASAP please!

Oct 9, 2015 1:14 AM in response to mbrauer4

Still a big issue for me so what I had to do was switch to outlook calendars on my IPhone and use that for calendars. This was very tricky to set up so PC/IPhone/Surface/Ipad all use the same calendar and synchronise. You would think this would be simple. All I want is a calendar that I can see on all my devices. Apples icloud calendar worked just fine until office 2016. Now I've got outlook calendars working across all devices and synchronising I can drop icloud totally. They had there chance and a month later no response anywhere from Apple means ditch it. I always though Apple were up there with the best on support. Not any more. Sorry Apple but when my phone needs replacing I might just ditch you now.

Oct 12, 2015 11:36 AM in response to Steve Owens

I know what you mean. Like so many others, my Outlook calendar just stopped syncing with my iPhone 5S. I spent an hour on the phone with Apple Support and they really wanted to help. Apple even has a sheet of some 15 things to try to fix it -- none of them worked. So they made an appointment at the Apple store for me. I thought "Wow. This'll be great." but all I got was "it's not our fault, call Windows about Outlook" or "buy a new phone from us because you're out of warranty." Remember back in the day when if software didn't work and the company said "it's not our fault, try reinstalled windows" (which at the time was a 3 day project)? That's what Apple's come to. even those with an iPhone 6 or 6S have the same problem, and I have outlook 2003, moved to outlook 2010 and had the same problem. If you check the other sites reporting this same problem, it's not the version of the iPhone and it's not the version of Outlook. Since the Calendar is a major feature of my iPhone needs, I will be carefully checking the android phones soon to see if they have the same problem. After all the Galaxy 5 is getting great reviews. Learning curve? Sure. Like leaving home? Sure. But when the house burns down, whaddya gunna do?

Oct 12, 2015 12:01 PM in response to Wo21222

Version of the phone has nothing to do with this issue...it worked with Office 2016 Tech Preview, so yes, it is something that Microsoft changed in the final release of Office 2016. However, it is up to Apple to make the necessary updates to iCloud for Windows to support this new update. It's probably nothing that major, just two wires that aren't connecting properly. Android *****. I use one for testing at work and I think less of it than the gum I just stepped on with my shoe.

It will get resolved and it's not a major inconvenience as I can just use my phone to manage my calendar in the meantime. It just ****** me off that it is taking this long to get it resolved because, while it is a nice-to-have for me personally, it is a necessity for others who have come to rely on the integration.

Oct 13, 2015 6:44 PM in response to Breklin

I had problems when I upgraded form Office 365/2013 to Office 365/2016. I had to do a forced uninstall of iCloud (details in my post in this thread windows upgraded from windows 8.1 to windows 10 and now icloud doesnt work gives me error 2343 when i try in reinstall or repair or emove.) when I downloaded the new 64 bit version, it was 4.1.1.53. Now it is working for me.

Oct 15, 2015 4:29 PM in response to Breklin

Why is this solved? I didn't say it was solved...

Anyway, I sent an email to the boss himself and about a week later (yesterday afternoon) got a call back from one of his admins. I was informed that Windows 10 is not a supported platform for Apple at this time but that Mr. Cook didn't want you thinking your feedback fell on deaf ears.

It was nice to see that however I was a little disappointed to hear that there isn't a recommended work around nor solution on it's way. But, I guess that is the Apple way. They'll eventually get around to it and we'll forget it and will all be happy once more.

Oct 26, 2015 1:02 PM in response to Steve Owens

I ended up downloading the Microsoft FixIt Office Removal tool then, from my account dashboard in my Microsoft account, drilled down until I could find Office 2013 32-bit to reinstall. Everything works fine now. Outlook 2016 was bugging me anyway. It kept freezing when I composed an email on a certain account, even with all add-ins disabled. I'll wait until everything works like it's expected to.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/How-do-I-reinstall-Office-2013-after-an -Office-2016-upgrade-a6ca92f4-cbb4-4609-…

Outlook 2016 Not Working with iCloud for Windows 4.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.