Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't open pages, numbers or keynotes files

Hi,

My problem is very basic to explain. I can't open pages, numbers, or keynotes files at all with the software installed on my mac. Even if I open one of these application, create from scratch a new file, save it (in iCloud), quit the application and try to open it back. Unfortunately, the files does not open.

Version of my Mac 10.11

Version of numbers 3.5.3 (2150)

Version of keynotes 6.5.3 (2151)

Version of pages 5.5.3 (2152)

I can open my file if I save it directly on my computer (if I avoid iCloud), or if I use the iCloud web version. I cannot copy paste files from iCloud to my computer, message appear telling me "another application using your file". I just want to copy paste, not open it there...

MacBook Pro, Other OS, null

Posted on Sep 22, 2015 3:45 PM

2 replies

Sep 23, 2015 4:11 AM in response to Gaboury

Hi,

So you're trying to copy a a file from iCloud and paste it to your desktop?

Don't think that's possible?

You either want to download it from the Cloud onto your Mac (click spanner button, then download a copy)

or

With the an iWorks application open on your Mac, go File, Open and locate the file from the iCloud directory.

Hope this helps,

ra.skill

Sep 27, 2015 2:24 PM in response to ra.skill

Hey ra.skill,

It didn't answer to the basic issue. The problem WAS I couldn't open file at all using one of the iWorks application. I said WAS because, actually, it works pretty well... pfff code 18 I guess..

And also, I can now copy/paste from an iCloud folder to my desktop... only god knows what the %&# happened.

Thanks for your help anyway and have a good one.

I can't open pages, numbers or keynotes files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.