Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Upgrading Waves plugins from 32 bit to 64 bit

Does anyone have ideas on how to update Waves Plugins from 32 Bit to 64 Bit?

Thank you!!

iMac (21.5-inch Late 2009), OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Sep 22, 2015 4:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2015 6:53 PM

Yes.. go to the Waves website.. and download the latest 64bit AU version there..

http://www.waves.com/downloads/v9

Note: If you have an older 32bit only AU version of Waves you will need to buy the upgrade to the newest version...which is V9 which is the current version that is supported under 10.10.5

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 22, 2015 6:53 PM in response to W.A. 123456789

Yes.. go to the Waves website.. and download the latest 64bit AU version there..

http://www.waves.com/downloads/v9

Note: If you have an older 32bit only AU version of Waves you will need to buy the upgrade to the newest version...which is V9 which is the current version that is supported under 10.10.5

Sep 22, 2015 8:03 PM in response to The Art Of Sound

Ok great thanks for the link and the help, although I have a follow up question.

I am not sure what version of (Waves) I currently have, is their a way to determine?

Will this update require a serial number, if so I will be unable to locate it.

Also, the installer explains that all older versions of Waves will be deleted, what do you suggest I do just in case this update requires a serial number?

I would like to keep what I have just in case something goes wrong with the install.

Thanks again!!

Sep 22, 2015 9:48 PM in response to W.A. 123456789

I believe that the older versions of Waves used the iLok USB Key system to authorize them so if you don't have an iLok then somehow you aren't using Legit versions....

Also V9 does away with the hardware iLok system and uses the new Wave License Center so when you buy the update you will receive the codes etc you will need from Waves.

Sep 22, 2015 9:30 PM in response to W.A. 123456789

Ok.. that's good to hear..

What confused me was you never mentioned iLok.. but instead was asking about serials...

Anyhow.. if you have now downloaded the V9 version (and I assume you didn't buy V9 previously because you were using iLok... and you didn't have 64bit AU plugins ) you will need to purchase a new license and activate it via the WLC app I spoke about earlier....

Just because you can download it doesn't mean its free 🙂

Cheers..

Nigel

Sep 22, 2015 9:53 PM in response to W.A. 123456789

Actually just to be strictly accurate....

When you purchase the V9 license it is added to your Waves account.

You then launch WLC, sign in to it using your Waves account information and then the license is activated ready for you to use.... and assign to your computer or a USB drive for portability... There are no codes as such for you to remember or enter....

Hope that helps..

Upgrading Waves plugins from 32 bit to 64 bit

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.