Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Compressor 4.2.1 Failed: 3x crash service down

Out of nowhere Compressor started crashing with this message. User uploaded file

Ever since, I have deleted and re-installed my OS and Compressor itself. Tried a number of different ways to export and import the files, and nothing has worked.

I'm Running a iMac 5K 4GHz i7 with 24gb Memory. 10.10.5

Posted on Sep 22, 2015 3:51 PM

6 replies

Sep 23, 2015 5:21 AM in response to Viral Appetite

EditCode simply says that it is a message that the transcoding process failed (which you undoubtedly know).

Possibly caused by a third party plug-in or codec.

Also suggests drumming Pro Maintenance Tools Crash Analyzer to see what it reports as a suggested fix. (PMT is available as a trial download at the Digital Rebellion site.)

Russ

Oct 30, 2015 8:19 AM in response to Brian Rhea

Yes, it's clearly an Apple Issue, and I'm still having trouble getting clips converted, particularly in a batch transcode. I even talked to a high up manager in the Final Cut Pro department, and he had no idea even after the issue happened to him. He blamed it on a corrupted clip. I said if it's corrupted how come this issue spans across many projects?

Compressor 4.2.1 Failed: 3x crash service down

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.