Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

fcp7 help menu needs JavaScript enabled - how?

Sorry I'm late to the party here, but I just upgraded, finally, from FCP6 to FCP7.

The help menu tells me it will not work unless JavaScript is enabled (the same thing happens with Photoshop CS4 and Logic 9, by the way).

According to my Safari prefs, JavaScript is enabled.

I found another answer on this forum which told me to put a command into Terminal:

defaults write com.apple.helpviewer WebKitJavaScriptEnabled -bool yes

I did that, and it scared the pants off me when I opened Help and the alert sound triggered repeatedly and indefinitely. After a few attempts, that settled down, but the Help menu is still telling me that it will not work unless JavaScript is enabled.

I'm on OS 10.5.8 on a Mac Pro. Don't laugh - my laptop is running Yosemite, so I do have one foot in the present day, but 10.5 and FCP6 have been working splendidly on the Mac Pro for all my needs until I needed to run ProRes proxy sequences. Hence the upgrade, but now, sadly, without the help menu working.

Any tips?

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Sep 22, 2015 4:47 PM

1 reply

fcp7 help menu needs JavaScript enabled - how?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.