Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Match songs not playing correctly or at all on mobile devices.

Some of my uploaded songs do not play correctly or at all on my mobile devices, although on my PC (not where my songs are physically located) does.

They either skip or play just a few seconds.

Can someone please help me?

Thank you.

Julio Cortes.

iPad, iOS 9, iPhone 5s and iPhone 6 as well

Posted on Sep 22, 2015 7:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2015 9:00 PM

This happens to me occasionally.

It's hard to pinpoint a specific fix that cures it every time but try a restart first and then try going to Settings>Music and toggle the iCloud music library switch off and back on again. Merge your library when it prompts and try again.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 22, 2015 9:00 PM in response to julio03

This happens to me occasionally.

It's hard to pinpoint a specific fix that cures it every time but try a restart first and then try going to Settings>Music and toggle the iCloud music library switch off and back on again. Merge your library when it prompts and try again.

Sep 23, 2015 5:06 AM in response to Khurt Williams

Yes Khurt, they are both on wifi and/or cell data. The funny thing is that it's with the same exact songs on all the mobile devices. Mobile devices include an iPad 4, iPod touch 4, iPhone 5s and iPhone 6.

AS a separate note, I have all my physical music on my computer at home, my computer at work is also setup with iTunes Match and the songs play correctly there.

I also tried it on my Apple TV 3 last night AFTER I posted this and the songs in question were fine.

The issue is just on the mobile devices.

Oct 1, 2015 7:25 PM in response to julio03

Weird.

Looking at the iCloud status column what does it say against one of the tracks on your computer? Matched or Uploaded?

I would try deleting one of the affected tracks from your library and then re-adding it (make sure you have a copy of the original song to re-add) and see if that works.

Could be that something corrupted along the way.

Apr 19, 2016 1:28 PM in response to raj18

Hello julio03,

Hi raj18!

I have the same problem but I was able to narrow it:

I am producing music and create mp3 with lame 3.99r (from my DAW Reaper/Windows).

These mp3s (it doesn't matter which bitrate) are playing without problems in iTunes.

I can download my song with iTunes/mac from iCloud/Match and it plays fine.

But if i play this song on iPhone or iPad the playback stops after 8 seconds.

So i guess there is a problem with this mp3-format/File.

If i convert the mp3 to aac (within iTunes), this aac version plays fine on my iOS Devices.

Hope you leave a reply.

Regards,

searchingforapple

iTunes Match songs not playing correctly or at all on mobile devices.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.