Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iphone 6 plus was stollen. I have the iphone serial number and the receipt of purchase. Is it possible to submit a claim to apple to look into who has created an apple account, iTunes account, or an App Store? There name or Apple ID?

I Was at a gas station and I set my phone down and the next thing I knew it was gone. The phone was immediately turned off

iOS 9, Stollen stollen stollen stollen

Posted on Sep 22, 2015 10:18 PM

6 replies

Sep 22, 2015 10:23 PM in response to Goertemiller

Technically they can. But they won't do it for you. Having some one from their engineering department manually find the Apple_Id database with the same registered serial number, is not worth it to Apple. In other words, it's not worth it for them to do that for one customer. They would rather loose you as a customer than spend human hours on finding your serial number.

Sep 22, 2015 10:27 PM in response to Goertemiller

What To Do If Your iDevice Is Lost Or Stolen

iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad

If you activated Find My Phone before it was lost or stolen, you can track it only if it is connected to the Internet by Wi-Fi or cellular. What you cannot do is track your device using a serial number or other identifying number. You cannot expect Apple or anyone else to find your device for you. You cannot recover your loss unless you insure your device for such loss. It is not covered by your warranty.

If your iPhone, iPod, iPod Touch, or iPad is lost or stolen what do you do? There are things you should have done in advance - before you lost it or it was stolen - and some things to do after the fact. Here are some suggestions:

This link, Re: Help! I misplaced / lost my iPhone 5 today morning in delta Chelsea hotel downtown an I am not able to track it. Please help!, has some good advice regarding your options when your iDevice is lost or stolen.

1. Reporting a lost or stolen Apple product

2. Find my lost iPod Touch

3. AT&T. Sprint, and Verizon can block stolen phones/tablets

4. What-To-Do-When-Iphone-Is-Stolen

5. iCloud- Use Lost Mode

6. What to do if your iOS device is lost or stolen

7. 6 Ways to Track and Recover Your Lost/Stolen iPhone

8. Find My iPhone

9. Report Stolen iPad | Stolen Lost Found Online

It pays to be proactive by following the advice on using Find My Phone before you lose your device:

1. Find My iPhone

2. Setup your iDevice on iCloud

3. OS X Lion/Mountain Lion- About Find My Mac

4. How To Set Up Free Find Your iPhone (Even on Unsupported Devices)

Sep 22, 2015 10:50 PM in response to smart_guy

I Love apple products but if there customers mean that little not to help them find a very expensive phone in which they had just purchased than I would have absolutely no problem switching to Samsung or another competitor and have all my friends having iPhones and family switch along side me. I work customer service for a very large company and our customers are always first no matter what we have to do or sacrifice to do so. A couple man hours to help a customer of 8 or so years should be no big deal.

Sep 22, 2015 10:59 PM in response to Kappy

I Have had androids and no they haven't helped me find them. But they accommodated me when they were stollen or lost. I've always received discounts or abother one free of charge. That is what customer service is. Not pushing it off not ignoring the issue. I'm not asking for a free iphone but if they have the capabilities to find it I expect them to at least help. How hard is it yo put inof into a database and tell me the last known location.

Sep 22, 2015 11:14 PM in response to Goertemiller

Just like Ford or BMW will give you a discounted or a free car if yours is stolen, right?

There is no "they" with androids. A huge range of manufacturers make phones that run that OS and I'm pretty sure none of them gave you a free phone. What might have happened is the carrier or Phone Network company may have done. Lost or Stolen phones are the same as lost or stolen cars, televisions or anything else - a matter for your local police.

Apple provide a range of services - up to and including disabling the device permanently. But the notion that Apple would accept your word that it's your phone simply because you have a serial number and a receipt is daft. There are hundreds of ways you could come into possession of that data. Apple - like Ford or BMW - have no way of knowing if you got them legitimately or not, so there's no way they'll deal with you. If Law Enforcement - who do have the means of verifying your story - make a legal approach to them, that would be a different matter.

How hard is it yo put inof into a database and tell me the last known location.

Sure, but how hard is it for Apple to know that you are a legitimate person with a lost phone and not, for instance, an abusive partner searching out a fleeing victim to harm them? That's why this is a matter for the police and not Apple.

My iphone 6 plus was stollen. I have the iphone serial number and the receipt of purchase. Is it possible to submit a claim to apple to look into who has created an apple account, iTunes account, or an App Store? There name or Apple ID?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.