Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't upload to workbench

Whenever I try and do "Upload to iAd", the upload seems to go successfully, but once it's complete, a message pops up that says "Unable to decode server response after uploading" and my ad never appears in the Workbench website. What does this message mean? Is this happening to anyone else?

iAd Producer-OTHER, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Sep 22, 2015 8:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2015 7:39 AM

Hi, which version of iAd Producer are you using?

Version 5.1 came out yesterday. If you're still getting the issue with that version please let me know here.

21 replies

Sep 23, 2015 9:12 AM in response to msephton

OK; I've filed it as bug report 22820214.

One other thing I just noticed: I *am* intermittently able to upload successfully to the *Sandbox* -- sometimes it gives me this same error, but other times it says "your ad was uploaded" like it should. This only applies for the Sandbox, though; uploading to "iAd Workbench - (my name)" still gives the error consistently (probably over twenty attempts by now).

Sep 28, 2015 6:04 AM in response to Hunter3BN

Still raising this internally.

I've managed to upload myself, with and without the error message.

Interestingly, the upload still seemed to be successful and I receive the conformation email even after the error message was displayed.

So, just to request more information: can you please both outline which you do/don't receive.

1. error message

2. conformation email

3. ad listed in WB.

Sep 28, 2015 8:16 AM in response to msephton

Okay, here's where things start to look like I might be having two problems simultaneously....!

The thing is, as this was all starting, I was *pretty* sure that I was having SUCCESSFUL workbench uploads (i.e. uploads where I DIDN'T get the error message) but where my uploads still never appeared on workbench. But by the time I started paying close attention to what was happening, I was getting the error messages every time, and that's all that's happened since (for workbench), so that's what I posted about. (I still can't remember with 100% certainty whether these "no error but no upload either" attempts happened, or if I'm misremembering.)

But, now that you mention it:

if I am uploading to SANDBOX:

1. I sometimes get the error message

2. but I always get the confirmation email (I'm pretty sure)

3. and the link works perfectly in iAd Tester

BUT!

if I am uploading to WORKBENCH:

1. I ALWAYS get the error message

2. I NEVER get a confirmation email

3. it NEVER shows up in Workbench

So, my experience with Sandbox sounds like your experience, but my experience with Workbench might be something different... (I wish I could remember clearly whether I'm remembering correctly about initially having successful uploads that never appeared, argh.)

Also, I might as well ask -- is there a simpler way to see the list of ads uploaded to my workbench, other than to try to assign a creative to a new ad in a campaign? I'm worried I might just have something configured wrong that's keeping me from seeing certain uploads... (Also, is there any way to see a list of what I've uploaded to Sandbox?)

By the way, I did the thing you mentioned about uploading to sandbox and then contacting the Workbench team, but I still haven't heard back from them...

Thanks again for your help on this.

Can't upload to workbench

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.