Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sharing (some) iCloud drive files (but not others)

I just came from the iCloud drive FAQ's page where I found nothing about sharing files. I have a 'numbers' file that I want to share with someone on iCloud drive so we can both input data, but I have another file that I don't want them to see. Is this possible?

thanks in advance, Graham.

Posted on Sep 22, 2015 10:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2015 3:42 AM

Hi Graham,

When you share a document with someone, it is only that document that is being shared, they do not gain access to anything else on your iCloud.

If it's a particular part of the document you don't want them to see like a certain "page" or a "sheet" I don't believe its possible to hide this from them.

Don't forget to change the share settings from "View Only" to "Allow Editing" if you want them to collaborate.

Hope this helps,

ra.skill

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 23, 2015 3:42 AM in response to moovin.com

Hi Graham,

When you share a document with someone, it is only that document that is being shared, they do not gain access to anything else on your iCloud.

If it's a particular part of the document you don't want them to see like a certain "page" or a "sheet" I don't believe its possible to hide this from them.

Don't forget to change the share settings from "View Only" to "Allow Editing" if you want them to collaborate.

Hope this helps,

ra.skill

Sharing (some) iCloud drive files (but not others)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.