Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 problems after iOS 9 (Home Button, Screen, Lag)

Hi,

I have an iPhone 6 Plus, 64g and updated to iOS9 on release, but ever since I have a heap of issues with the phone:-

• Touch Screen

Very laggy and un responsive. I have to turn phone off and then on several times a day to clear this.

• Siri / Home Button / Touch ID
    • Home button unresponsive. I have to press the home button several times before phone 'wakes up'
    • Sometimes complete opposite then happens - press home button once and then Siri activates
    • Touch ID very intermittently works, and then sometimes when it does Siri comes up.

I have removed fingerprints from settings and tried new ones - this didn't help

• Lag

Phone is very laggy - for example when I open up calculator (swiping from bottom of screen), calculator takes about 10 seconds to load

All these issues have happened since iOS9. I have completed a restore and still the problems are apparent.

Is anyone else having similar issues or anyone know of any cures?

Posted on Sep 23, 2015 3:21 AM

10 replies

Oct 2, 2015 9:50 AM in response to FaMcH

I was referring to the problem when the iPhone is sleeping and you wake it by pressing the home button with fingerprint id turned on.

After a few days of iOS 9.0.2, the problem is mostly gone but not totally.

Has improved.

But intermittently, Siri will activate when I wake the phone when I do not want it to.

Rich

Oct 5, 2015 8:54 AM in response to JJ28

Just an update, I upgraded to 9.01 and still had issues.

9.02 is slightly (and only slightly) better, but still has bugs in it for the 6 Plus.

These being laggy, Touch ID / Siri and also I now have a severe lag on the screen rotation.

Can only go one way..... hopefully.

iPhone 6 problems after iOS 9 (Home Button, Screen, Lag)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.