Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Force Touch trackpad on Windows 8.1 and unresponsive clicking

I'm running Windows 8.1 and have the latest Bootcamp drivers. My Macbook pro has a Force Touch trackpad and there's something I've noticed: after I've hit some key (any key on the physical keyboard), it takes a good second or two for Windows to then recognize the a click on the trackpad. The trackpad still tracks the location of my cursor but no matter now many times I click (and the haptic feedback engine registers a click), the OS does not seem to recognize this. Just curious if anyone else is having these kinds of issues or knows of a solution.

Posted on Sep 23, 2015 3:49 AM

14 replies

Oct 1, 2015 5:55 AM in response to Loner T

Yes. That was one of the first things I did. Nothing has changed. It seems that still Windows cannot interpret any clicks on the Force Touch Trackpad while a key on the keyboard is being pressed. I called Apple about this and they said that Microsoft makes the Bootcamp drivers and so they could do nothing about this. Still hoping if anyone knows of a solution to this as it is very frustrating.

Oct 1, 2015 6:55 AM in response to useruser321

useruser321 wrote:

Yes. That was one of the first things I did. Nothing has changed. It seems that still Windows cannot interpret any clicks on the Force Touch Trackpad while a key on the keyboard is being pressed. I called Apple about this and they said that Microsoft makes the Bootcamp drivers and so they could do nothing about this. Still hoping if anyone knows of a solution to this as it is very frustrating.

Microsoft does not make Apple Bootcamp drivers. In Device Manager, can you check which Apple drivers are installed under HID Devices?

Force Touch trackpad on Windows 8.1 and unresponsive clicking

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.