Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Automatically divide cells by 100?

How can I set Numbers to automatically divide rows by 100? For example, I input 7865 and when I press return to go to the next cell, the number becomes 78.65.

Thanks.

(I'm on El Capitan, using Numbers version 3.5.3)

Posted on Sep 23, 2015 4:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2015 8:26 AM

Numbers does not have a feature that will take an entry from a cell, modify the value, then put the result in the same cell. You can, solve this two ways:

1) add a second column that takes input from the column where you enter the values, and performs the operation

2) create an Applescript which you run AFTER you enter the data which can modify the contents of each cell in the column using a particular scale factor

If you are entering the data in column A, then in column B enter the formula:

=A/100

select the cell, copy, now select the column, paste

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 5, 2015 8:26 AM in response to Spordoff

Numbers does not have a feature that will take an entry from a cell, modify the value, then put the result in the same cell. You can, solve this two ways:

1) add a second column that takes input from the column where you enter the values, and performs the operation

2) create an Applescript which you run AFTER you enter the data which can modify the contents of each cell in the column using a particular scale factor

If you are entering the data in column A, then in column B enter the formula:

=A/100

select the cell, copy, now select the column, paste

Automatically divide cells by 100?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.