Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes heart ratings missing

I've given up the star ratings in iTunes and now I only using the new heart rating, which I like.

However, I just noticed something strange. Tracks that I am 100 % sure that I've already marked with a heart are now "unhearted". Has anyone else had this problem and is there a solution to it? I have a new smart playlist for "hearted" tracks that are synced to my iPod classic. Could that be the problem?

I spend a lot of time rating my favourite tracks with hearts so it's really annoying that they disappear.

Thanks for your help!

Posted on Sep 23, 2015 5:24 AM

6 replies

Nov 3, 2017 4:53 AM in response to BimboBoy

Hi all

resurrecting this thread as I spent hours 'hearting' all my favourites (about 3000 songs) and now all the hearts have disappeared on the Mac and the phone. I only started this as the ability to rate by stars has been removed from my phone. So now when listening to songs on the move I still want to rate my favourites (via the heart), and I expected they would then copy across to the Mac and be kept. I don't want to go through all my songs again, only for the hearts to disappear again.

Anyone any solutions to this?

thanks

Sep 27, 2015 7:40 AM in response to richard grant

Hi again! Do I need Apple Care in order to do that?

It just happened again by the way. I had re-made the whole list, 290 tracks loved, and after playing the playlist on my iPod Classic, and then syncing it in iTunes, the list is totally empty. All the "hearts" are gone... such a waste of time. This is so annoying. 😟

Does anyone have a solution for this?

Oct 30, 2015 1:15 AM in response to BimboBoy

I have the same problem and it might actually be related to the iPod Classic because I use one as well for listening to my music in the car.

I used the love/heart icon to create a smart playlist of my current favorite song, so I can easily add and remove tracks from that playlist on my Mac and iPhone, in hope that everything sync correctly to all my devices. But after running into the same problem as you, that the hearts are gone, I have given up on this smart playlist and reverted to managing a regular playlist by adding and removing songs manually.

Now I even have another problem which is that I cannot uncheck the heart icon for 2 songs in my library. When I right click on the song and select Get Info, the love/heart icon is NOT selected in the details window. I can check and uncheck it here but that doesn't have any affect on the icon in the playlist view. Check out the following discussion (Problem with removing song/album rating in iTunes 12.3) for more about this issue.

My system setup: OS X 10.10.5 / iTunes 12.3.1.23 / I am NOT an iTunes Music or iTunes in the Cloud subscriber.

iTunes heart ratings missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.