Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Voice messaging in iMessage issue

Since upgrading my iPhone 6 to IOS9 last week I've got a constant problem. Whenever I send a voice message using iMessage, the first message I record always vanishes when I press the up arrow (send button) to send my audio and I have to re-record it. Subsequent messages work fine but it's always the FIRST audio message I record and try sending. It's also happening to my friends with iPhone 5S and iPhone 6 Plus handsets. Has anyone else noticed this? It seems to me that even the most basic testing would have shown this problem. It happens whether on Wi-Fi or 4G. Also still experiencing the old problem of iMessages arriving as iMessages and then a few minutes later as text messages.

Posted on Sep 23, 2015 4:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 10, 2015 8:13 AM

have same exact problem with my iPhone 6 and my wife's iPhone 6S, started after upgrading to IOS 9. did not resolve after upgrading to the .0.1 or .0.2.

did you find a solution?

any response from apple or a fix??

22 replies

Oct 11, 2015 7:47 AM in response to auscraig

Ive absolutely been having the same issue since the update, and it makes using the function useless for me. This is the only place ive found someone even describe the issue, is Apple even aware? The only time I use it now is to wait for someone to message me first, then reply using the function from the lock screen (which still works like it used to) but it's still frustrating because I used it all the time, but now opt not to since this bug popped up, because it only takes one or two times of recording a long message, just to push the up arrow and watch it all go away before you are over even attempting it again smh. I hope Apple takes notice and at least acknowledge the issue.

Oct 11, 2015 8:13 AM in response to Ktgod

It disappears while recording .

(Sequence): Reply from lock screen -> push microphone icon -> start recording voice -> vanishes while recording and shows just a regular lock screen.

So, that, in addition to the iMessage problem (in the original post here), where the problem happens at the end of the recording when trying to slide finger up to send, the recorded message disappears, as if it was cancelled..yet when done the second time, it goes through fine.

Oct 12, 2015 8:15 PM in response to Luay.

Glad I finally found a place where others are experiencing the same issue I've been having. Thus far my workaround has been to record one word e.g., "testing" as my first message to send. Then after it vanishes, I send the real message. This works ok as long as I remember that the issue exists. Ridiculous to have to do this!! So frustrating!!

Oct 15, 2015 5:30 PM in response to Luay.

have u tried using it lately? Mines seems to have improved on the first try. Not sure if it's just wishful thinking or an actual improvement though. I have changed the way I hit the up arrow though, when I'm finished recording I slide my finger to the up arrow instead of letting go then hitting the arrow. Hope this helps someone

Nov 2, 2015 3:02 PM in response to Ktgod

as of today, for me, the problem is still occurring and reproducible. I tried it earlier today , voice records and then at 10 seconds every before I complete my voice message it pauses with no more audio being recorded and then suddenly vanishes.... even before i try to slide my thumb up to send....

waiting on apple to respond to this thread.....

the other way is creating a tester account on my phone to report this.

Nov 2, 2015 4:23 PM in response to Luay.

its still happening as well, but as of now the best way for me to use it with the most succes is to go ahead and just send a quick 1 or 2 second dummy voice note to whoever I'm trying to speak with and then attempt the real voice note, or to record my voice note and then when finished without lifting my thumb off of the microphone icon slide my thumb to the up arrow, those two methods have worked 80% of the tim for me.

Dec 1, 2015 5:10 PM in response to Ktgod

Still happening here. This is just a 'bump' hopefully Apple will notice it and report it. If anybody is a beta user you can report it via the feedback app. It's annoying to see the voice message vanish in front of your eyes after 9-10 seconds especially that you see the waveform of recording.....

anyway.

BUMP.

Voice messaging in iMessage issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.