Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bugs. Lots of 'em.

I recently made the mistake of upgrading to iTunes 7.01 (7). Ick.

1. The menu line does not draw correctly (where it says "Name, Track, Album, etc." - it's knocking out the background to thick black blocks, and drawing grey words on top of the black, making the titles nearly unreadable. If I shrink the window down the minimum and then expand it again, the problem corrects itself.
2. If I'm near the end of listening to a song and click the "cursor" back to the beginning to hear it again, it starts playing that song ON TOP of the next song in the playlist.

I'm used to each version of iTunes being worse than the previous one, but I've never run into a version this bad before.

In addition - two other suggestions, in case someone from Apple reads this...

1. If I want to listen to a song, and then listen to NOTHING, please give me that option. In other words, I do NOT want to listen to a song and then have the program go on to the next song in the playlist. ****, I don't even WANT the songs I listen to automatically added to my playlist. But since Apple insists on thinking for me, it does this automatically AND plays the next song on the playlist, and won't allow me to stop.

2. You know, scrolling the version number for iTunes in the "about iTunes" window is cruel, since if I miss it, I have to sit through 15,000 words of legalese (in 2 point, illegible type, no less) in order to get to it. Keeping it on the screen would be a better idea.

iMac 17" Intel, Mac OS X (10.4.8)

Posted on Nov 7, 2006 5:35 AM

7 replies

Nov 16, 2006 10:02 AM in response to Penguhwin

I've had problem one that you described since iTunes 7 came out. the updates since have done nothing to fix it. I've found that forcing the program to redraw will temporarily fix the prob, but on restart does it again. As far as automatically adding music, that could be turned off in previous versions I think, but I can't find the option any more. I have the same feelings about that. Hopefully there's another update on the way.

Bugs. Lots of 'em.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.