Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Phone said upgrade complete, but then said "there's a few more steps to follow, then you're done" Press Continue. Phone goes to white screen and "slide to upgrade". Phone will not slide and is stuck on this screen

phone stuck on "slide to upgrade" screen

iPhone 5s, iOS 9

Posted on Sep 23, 2015 8:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply
4 replies

Oct 8, 2015 11:31 AM in response to mlr4005

I had this same problem. I never downloaded or used iTunes on my pc, but downloaded it and made sure it was current. Make sure iTunes is open on your pc/mac and plug in your iphone 6s. Reset your phone by holding the home button and sleep/wake button on top right of phone at the same time until you see the apple icon appear. Once you get to the point that is says "upgrade complete, but then said "there's a few more steps to follow, then you're done" DONT press continue. Wait for iTunes to detect that your iphone 6s has an outdated version of iTunes. It will ask you if you want to upgrade and you answer yes. It will the allow you to follow through with remaining setup of your phone. It only took me 3 1/2 hours to figure this out, but it works now.

Phone said upgrade complete, but then said "there's a few more steps to follow, then you're done" Press Continue. Phone goes to white screen and "slide to upgrade". Phone will not slide and is stuck on this screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.