Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Popping/static in car audio speakers while playing music thru USB after iOS 9 update

After I updated my iphone 5 to iOS 9 every time I play music in my Buick thru the USB port I hear popping or static noise thru the car speakers. Its a noise similar to a vinyl record playing. Any thoughts? I changed the USB cord and that didn't help. I also used it thru Bluetooth in another car and did not hear the noice. My car will not play music thru Bluetooth. I don't hear the noise if I play thru headphones.

iPhone 5, iOS 9, factory Buick car audio system

Posted on Sep 23, 2015 9:24 AM

6 replies

Sep 28, 2015 5:27 AM in response to hogschokeagain

There is another thread here: iOS 9 lightening to USB audio clicks and pops

It describes the exact same problem. As I noted in that thread it seems to be related to GM cars only.

This thread seems to confirm that: another Buick, together with a bunch of Chevy's, Opel, Saab and Cadillac's.

Maybe it's best to report your issues in that thread as it shows up on Google first.

Might also attract Apple's attention more quickly if we make one topic with all cars and devices clearly listed.

Sep 28, 2015 2:32 AM in response to sabuchanan

Your issue seems to be different: you say you've experienced 'just static' and after a reset it has gone.

The issue the OP and other threads are referring to is hearing the music just fine, but it is continually dotted by annoying audio pops.

The issue raised by the OP is clearly software related and appeared after upgrading from iOS8.x to iOS9.

Popping/static in car audio speakers while playing music thru USB after iOS 9 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.