Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

YouTube video won't play sound (but only on mobile speakers)

Hello all,

I'm new to the community, but I created this account to ask about a very specific issue. The sound on a video I uploaded to YouTube is not playing -- but the issue is not typical. It plays fine on almost every configuration I can think of (desktop w/ headphones, desktop w/ speakers, laptop w/ headphones, laptop w/ speakers, televisions, etc.) except mobile...however, it's a bit more complicated than that.

Everything sounds completely fine except the intro and the very end of my video (around the 00:15-00:40 mark for the intro and the 13:00-13:20 mark for the outro), where the audio becomes garbled to the point of inaudibility. This issue is only present when listening through the speakers on a mobile device though; the issue is non-existent when listening with headphones, which makes no sense to me. So it's not that the audio just flat-out isn't working anywhere...it's not even that the audio isn't working on mobile devices. It totally is, except when playing the audio through mobile speakers...which puts me at a loss for words. I mean, look at this -- I had to write out two paragraphs just to explain this issue since it's so specific and so weird.

I'm hoping there are some tech-savvy users on here that may be able to help me out, or at the very least explain to me what the problem actually is so I can begin fixing it. Below I'll link to the video in question; again, the timestamp is 13:00, and the issue is only existent through speakers on a mobile device. I used a De-Noiser for the audio in both the intro and outro (edited on Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 for Windows), and I'm aware that the garbled sound I'm referring to is known as "digital artifacts". What I don't understand is why this is happening on such a selective basis -- someone I talked with about this in person suggested it might be an app-related problem, since the issue is apparent on both an iPhone and a Samsung device. If anyone could help me or steer me in the right direction, it would be very helpful and I would be most appreciative -- thank you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ygwfm38HuF0

(Cross-Platform Issue)

Posted on Sep 23, 2015 11:37 AM

2 replies

YouTube video won't play sound (but only on mobile speakers)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.