Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I change my email password on my iPhone6?

I had to change my passwords on my email server and need to change them on my iPhone 6. Anyone know how to do that?

iPhone 6, iOS 9.0.1

Posted on Sep 23, 2015 12:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2015 1:32 PM

settings - mail/contacts/calendar - click on your email account - password - make the change.

8 replies

Nov 4, 2015 6:23 AM in response to razmee209

Please help! I cannot change the password as you said. the email acct area for my gmail emails, the password box is now missing! I have not restricted changing passwords. My iPhone 6 email has been having difficulty accessing gmail email. Gmail has also said it is preventing access Since it says I am not using a secure device. i use iPhone 6 w 9.1 IOS. Any suggestions?

May 5, 2016 5:38 AM in response to maryannfromIL

Having the same problem -- not finding a password box to enter a new password for a gmail account. I know I have done this before -- just this morning! Now trying to repeat in a diff gmail account and no password box there. So, I went back to the account I had just changed -- now it does not have a field for entering password. My boxes all vanished ;-(

Dec 7, 2016 2:00 PM in response to BonBon3512

I have an iPhone 6s with the latest OS and needed to change my email password. I went to settings, mail, selected account and there is no place to change the password for the Yahoo account. If I go to the same location for my work email on my phone the password can be changed there. Is my iCloud account (which uses my yahoo account) preventing this from happening?

Dec 20, 2016 8:58 PM in response to MikeUp

I think, thanks to the last update, you now need to delete your old email account and add a new account. In the process of adding the new account with the same email name of course, you will be prompted for a password. You would then enter the same password you use for your yahoo account on your PC. I am about to try this myself. I hope some Apple expert chimes in and confirms this for us. Let me know if this works.

how do I change my email password on my iPhone6?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.