Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't delete Xcode 7 beta off of my mac

I installed Xcode 7 beta before the actual one came out so that I could use a few certain features.

Time has gone by and I haven't been on Xcode at all and now I see that Xcode 7 is out on the App Store.

I didn't install Xcode 7 beta through the App Store so now I AM able to install the App Store Xcode 7.

Thats great, except I don't want my old Xcode 7 BETA still on my mac wasting 8GB of space.

I've tried dragging and dropping it into my trash but it says, "The item 'Xcode-beta' can't be moved to the Trash because it's open."

I don't have anything Xcode-y open anywhere on my mac, I've even tried restarting and moving it to Trash again but nothing.

I've tried googling a lot of answers to this problem but haven't found any.

Please help, I really need to get this 8 GB of crap off of my mac.

Thanks

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5), 13"

Posted on Sep 23, 2015 1:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2015 12:06 PM

i fixed it

5 replies

Oct 12, 2015 6:12 AM in response to thejorkid

TheseriousobserverOct 12, 2015 6:11 AM Re: I can't delete Xcode 7 beta off of my mac
Re: I can't delete Xcode 7 beta off of my macin response to HyperNova SoftwareHelpful

I too had trouble getting rid of Xcode-beta. Finally, I went into Finder, selected Applications, went into detail view, scrolled down to Xcode-beta and moved it to Trash. That moved 8.76 G to trash. After emptying trash, my production version Xcode 7.0.1 was still working with access to all my previous work so I'm a happy camper.

I can't delete Xcode 7 beta off of my mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.