Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Email won't mark as Read after iOS 9.0 upgrade

iPhone 6 Plus,128 G, after the iOS 9.0 upgrade I have 1676 phantom emails that are supposedly unread. I have opened email for all inboxes, and each individual email box and selected all to Mark as read. Still showing 1676 emails unread.

Where is it pulling this data from? How can i refresh it or delete it so it doesn't tell me this anymore???

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 9, and iOS 9.01

Posted on Sep 23, 2015 3:54 PM

1 reply

Oct 9, 2015 1:07 AM in response to BopperSS

I had this problem, post iOS 9.0 upgrade, and tried deleting all email accounts and re adding them and lots of other stuff that I read on these forums, but nothing worked. It would appear that the problem was with my personal email address and not my Hotmail, Google or icloud addresses. I logged on the server, with my PC, where my emails are stored, (in my case network solutions) and noticed that there were 3,000 odd unread emails (I never read them on here). I did not want to delete them so I created another folder and moved them from my inbox to this new folder. This cured the problem for me and I have no more unread emails on my iPhone or iPad. Hope this helps.

iPhone 6, iOS 9.02

Email won't mark as Read after iOS 9.0 upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.