Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipod 5th gen wont sync

the ipod 32gb wont sync a single track,its ios 9 latest,its been restored,tracks on the ipod wont play,it wont let me sync them,any help is appreciated

iPhone 5, iOS 9.0.1

Posted on Sep 23, 2015 4:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2015 1:39 AM

Do the songs play in iTunes on the computer?

Does any media like apps or photos sync to the device?

You said you restored the device. If yo only restored from backup then restore to factory settings/new iPod

5 replies

Sep 24, 2015 8:23 AM in response to lllaass

i feel old dude,the ipod locked then i got it unlocked then the lastest os from itunes, the apps are fine,i bought a track but it wont sync with the ipod it plays on itunes,i put it back on from the artists cd its from,i got the play lists to sync,the laptop keeps saying the file history drive is disconnected.

thx for the help its appreciated,

i dont know if the track has gone into a different format or what. ive the itunes library on file and in the cloud.

how do i reset it to new ipod? then just click all i want back on the ipod and sync/apply

Nov 30, 2015 1:08 PM in response to Cork supporter

- Are other iPod touches, iPhones or iPads correctly identified?

- Reset the iOS device. Nothing will be lost

Reset iOS device: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at

least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

- Reboot the computer

- Try another USB port

- Try another cable.

- Try on another computer

- Inspect the dock connector on the iPod for bent or missing contacts, foreign material, corroded contacts, broken, missing or cracked plastic.

If still problem, make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store since it appears you have a hardware problem.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

ipod 5th gen wont sync

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.