Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Group message delays

i am not receiving any group messages until hours, or days, after they have been sent. When I do get them, they all come in at once. I have tried all of the troubleshooting and nothing is working. Has been happening for about a week, even before I upgraded to iOS 9.0

iphone 6

iiOS 9.0

iPhone 6, iOS 9

Posted on Sep 23, 2015 5:11 PM

4 replies

Oct 9, 2015 10:28 AM in response to harrydunn559

Since update to 9.0.2 I have been having a lot of problems with messaging and phone. The iphone 6 was fine, but my wife's 5's stopped being able to message or send / receive phone calls. Five or six hours troublehsooting. restoring etc still the same problem. What I discovered, and I hope it can help someone else is: to correct the problem and to get messages to go through right away again. First make sure you have backedup up anything you really need, just in case. Connect the phone to Itunes, do a restore ( not a restore from backup) . After the restore, setup the phone as a new phone. There are a few problems to overcome, but I found every time I restored from backup, the problem came back. I believe that during the update process something gets corrupted in the backup that can't be resolved. So don't do a restore from backup. Just do a restore and setup as new phone. All the photos etc are still there. The only thing I found that was lost, was all the messages (historical). Once you try to send a text, just enter the first letters of the name and it will pull up the user. Same think with email. The only thing i had to do was reinstall any apps which was pretty straight forward. Now the messaging works lightning fast and phone works properly.

Group message delays

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.