Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After upgrade to iOS9, iCloud backup says 0 bytes, and all apps have "no data"

I sign in iclound website, nothing backup. My old backup disappeared.

This happened to my iphone 6 plus and ipad.

I just upgraded to IOS 9.0.1 today. Nothing fix, still the same.

Anyone know how to fix this

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 9.0.1

Posted on Sep 23, 2015 7:36 PM

15 replies

Sep 24, 2015 2:09 AM in response to Saab_Naja

I have same issue as well, after updating to iOS 9.

I can't see my previous backup of 18 GB. Called the customer care but they can see it in my iCloud account but its not showing on phone.

Tried lot of steps like settings reset, soft reset, signout and sign in but does not solve issue.

Now the issue has been escalated to engineering team.

There are lot other people with same issue!

Thanks,

Datta

Sep 24, 2015 6:18 AM in response to shaggy505

Here's how to force a manual backup:

1) Go to Settings > iCloud > Storage > Manage Storage > Backups/iPhone > LET IT LOAD UNTIL THE WHEEL STOPS SPINNING AFTER BACKUP OPTIONS!!!!

2) Once the wheel stops spinning, press "Show All Apps"

3) Scroll to the very bottom and "Delete Backup". It may fail, keep hitting try again until it deletes

4) Back in your storage, turn off the first app (mine is photo library)

5) Go try to do a manual backup, iCloud > Backup > Backup Now

The above WILL work. It may take a few tries. Be patient. Let everything load. And if it fails, try again. It took me about four tries to delete my backup and three times to actually backup without an error. I found the more apps I didn't back up, the quicker it worked. Photos was my largest and turning it off was a big help.

This should at least get you a manual backup. Please note, the automatic iCloud backups DO NOT WORK for about half of the iOS9 users. Some people are lucky and it works. Some aren't lucky and it doesn't work. At least this way you can get an iCloud backup on your phone. I advise that you do a full backup on iTunes until Apple fixes this issue. If they fix the issue. If they don't, just backup to iTunes like we used to do before the iCloud auto backups were created.

Sep 24, 2015 6:55 AM in response to Saab_Naja

I had a similar problem after my iOS update. My back up wouldn’t complete, it showed up as 0 Kb, the next back up showed up as 0Kb and I didn’t get an option to delete my existing back up.

I turned back up off and whilst I didn’t then get an option to delete my previous back up, the previous back up (0 Kb) did disappear of it’s own accord. I was then able to turn back up back on, the 0 Kb back up did not reappear and I was able to start and complete a new back up.

Some have reported that after they turn back off, the previous back up (0 Kb) does not disappear or that if it does it reappears when back up is turned back on (although they are then able to make a new back up providing they have space).

It seems that in some case the 0Kb back up is corrupted data and does indeed take up space in the cloud and it doesn’t appear that this can be removed by the user, if this is what has happened in your case, contact Apple Support, (change country if necessary) they have been able to remove the corrupted data for some users.

Sep 29, 2015 12:13 PM in response to Saab_Naja

I had this issue, as well as being unable to connect via Cellular or WiFi as soon as I did the iOS 9 update. I called and Apple support for the no internet issue, and they tried to be very helpful but had no fixes for the issue. Network settings reset did not work, and without being able to connect to internet, it wouldn't allow me to turn off Find My iPhone (required to do a Restore). HOWEVER, after a great deal of digging through various settings, I was finally able to correct the problem by going to the Find My iPhone app button (on the home screen, not in settings) and logging into it from there. Voila - suddenly the problem was solved for both Cellular and WiFi access on all apps and as well as the iCloud backup problems. Hopefully this will work for you as well (if it doesn't work, the only other step I did before logging into Find My iPhone via home screen app button was to go to General/About/Name and rename my phone).

Oct 9, 2015 3:47 PM in response to juggalomm

I was able to finally get a successful backup to iCloud for my iPad2 and my iPhone6, but I had a bunch of initial steps to get through first, here is what I had to do to resolve my issue:

• Completely logged out of all my iCloud setting on my MacBook, iPhone and iPad
  • Deleted the old iCloud backups that were there for both iOS device
  • Reset all Network Settings
  • Completely unplugged my Apple TimeCapsule Route, my multi-switch, unplugged the modem
  • Turned the modem on
  • Connected the TimeCapsule
  • Connected my switch
  • Turned on my 2012 MacBook PRO
  • Reconfigured my Apple TimeCapsule Router
  • I had to completely reset my Apple TVs as well
  • Connected my MacBook back to iCloud, all my data streamed over
  • Connected both my iPhone and iPad
  • Connected back to my local network
  • Connected back to my iCloud on both devices and all my data streamed over

Then I followed your post and did the following:

1) Go to Settings > iCloud > Storage > Manage Storage > Backups/iPhone > LET IT LOAD UNTIL THE WHEEL STOPS SPINNING AFTER BACKUP OPTIONS!!!!

2) Once the wheel stops spinning, press "Show All Apps"

3) Scroll to the very bottom and "Delete Backup". It may fail, keep hitting try again until it deletes

4) Back in your storage, turn off the first app (mine is photo library)

5) Go try to do a manual backup, iCloud > Backup > Backup Now

TOOK FOREVER TO BACKUP, but nonetheless my iPad backed up, posted correctly on the iPad settings AND in my iTunes.

I had to do a manual backup twice on my iPhone before it took, but they are both now backed up to iCloud!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.