Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes 12 Won't Backup App Updates

I frequently update apps using my cellular connection when away from home. iTunes used to copy these app updates from the device (iPad Air 2 or iPhone 6 Plus) to my iTunes library. Since I upgraded to iOS 9 I do not get the "Backup App Updates" message. I really don't want to have to download them twice. And suggestions?

iPad Air, iOS 9

Posted on Sep 23, 2015 11:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2015 8:49 PM

Have now updated iPadAir 2 and iPhone 6+ to iOS 9.0.1, and updated all apps while logged in to a separate network via the individual devices. When I start iTunes on my laptop and sync and backup devices, I still have iTunes telling me I need 25 app updates.

Would appreciate any advice.

3 replies

Sep 28, 2015 6:48 AM in response to Canyonlight

I'm having a similar issue. I have the latest iTunes for Windows installed and it shows about 15 App updates available. When I click "Update All" it appears that it communicates with the App Store and then nothing. No error, no downloads, no nothing. I've verified that iTunes can connect to the App Store as I've logged out of my account and back in again several times. I've also used the iTunes Diagnostics to confirm connectivity.

I have an iPhone 5 and an iPad Air 2, both iOS 9, and both have downloaded all app updates but when I sync either with iTunes it still shows all the app updates as needing to be downloaded.

I've tried rebooting the devices and my laptop several times and have even uninstalled and reinstalled iTunes. All without success. Any help is appreciated.

iTunes 12 Won't Backup App Updates

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.