Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 9.0.1 Data Problem

After updating to iOS 9, my cellular data was not working. I turned on use cellular data on a certain app and it closes as I exit settings. I made sure I have turned on cellular data on the top of the cellular menu. What should I do to solve this problem? Any way, did iOS 9.0.1 said that it would solve this problem? Why is it not solve yet?

iPhone 4S, iOS 9.0.1

Posted on Sep 23, 2015 9:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2015 10:32 AM

I've had this issue since updating to iOS 9. Tried restoring, tried just about everything and nothing worked.Thought 9.0.1 would help but nope. I have Verizon service and have spoken with others who have this problem and are on different cell plans so it has to be an Apple issue.

15 replies

Sep 24, 2015 10:54 AM in response to Benjamin Seow

Because of this issue, I couldn't activate my imessage nor facetime, that costed me like 10 times the international activation SMS but still not working.

All pre-disabled mobile data apps, are not being able to be enabled again at all!

******* off, I have either the option to downgrade to 8.4.1 without my backup (backed up 9.0) newer than 8.4.1 or live with no imessages!

******* off! apple get your acts together.

Sep 24, 2015 8:06 PM in response to Benjamin Seow

I have downloaded the new IOS 9.0.1 and I have a problem with the way it works in contacts. I have a larger font size set so its easier for me to see and when I'm in contacts and need to edit someone, I click on edit and the info I have in each field almost disappears. I agree with someone elses post, doesn't apple work through all of this first. I'm very irritated. Now I can't see my info when I need to edit something.

Sep 28, 2015 12:57 PM in response to Benjamin Seow

I was unable to connect via Cellular or WiFi as soon as I did the iOS 9 update. I called and Apple support, and they tried to be very helpful but had no fixes for the issue! Network settings reset did not work, and without being able to connect to internet, it wouldn't allow me to turn off Find My iPhone, which is required by iTunes to allow a Restore. HOWEVER, after a great deal of digging through various settings, I was finally able to correct the problem by going to the Find My iPhone app button (on the home screen) and logging into it from there. Voila - suddenly the problem was solved for both Cellular and WiFi access on all apps. Hopefully this will work for you as well (if it doesn't work, the only other step I did before logging into Find My iPhone via app button was to go to General/About/Name and rename my phone).

iOS 9.0.1 Data Problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.