Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Caps Lock on iOS9 Russian keyboard BUG

After the update on iOS9, each time we type anything in the address line in Safari in Russian, we get the Caps Lock on. It's a QUITE annoying thing, especially considering the fact the T9 is not functioning when the Caps Lock is on. No way to normally use google search from the address line now. No such problem with the English keyboard. The bug is on all iphones 6 with iOS9 that I've seen.

iOS9.0.1 didn't come with any solution.

Apple, please, fix it ASAP.

iPhone 6, iOS 9.0.1, null

Posted on Sep 23, 2015 10:07 PM

33 replies

Oct 1, 2015 4:03 PM in response to zi5566

Same thing here on iPhone 5S. To add insult to injury, to get out of the caps lock which seems to be enabled by default, you have to press the shift button twice to get back to lowercase because on the first press it's still uppercase. I spoke with Apple Tech Support and they said that if enough people complain, then they may do something about tit, so call them.

Oct 3, 2015 10:57 PM in response to zi5566

I have the same bug as well. For me it also happens with English after switching from Russian to English. Plus, not only in the address line of Safari, but also in any text view in Instagram. I have an iPhone 5. To say this is annoying is to say nothing. I think this is a very SERIOUS bug. Please, fix it, Apple! We're waiting!

Caps Lock on iOS9 Russian keyboard BUG

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.