Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New iOS 9.0.1 Cellular Data CANNOT Toggle Button to ON for Apps

I am unable to Toggle Buttons to (ON) Cellular Data for Apps so it will only work if I have access to WiFi network. Cellular Data network is not working.

Everything was working fine until I updated my iPhone 6 to iOS 9.0.0 from iOS 8.4.1.

Just for the record that I have update on (Thursday, September 24, 2015) to the new iOS 9.0.1. Apparently it was supposed to fix the Cellular Data toggle button to ON for Apps.

Regrettably, the new update did not work and I need to turn on Cellular Data for Apps like Safari, Maps and Mail. I even deleted some Apps and reinstalled but still did not work.

The only solution is to downgrade fro iOS 9.0.1 back to iOS 8.4.1. This is a time consuming task.

I want to be more specific that I was traveling to reduce roaming charges so I deliberately turn-off (Toggled OFF) Cellular Data to reduce roaming cost for some Apps so that is where I have decided to upgraded my iOS 9.0.0. Once the new iOS 9.0.1 was graded, I was never able to toggle it back to ON for these Apps.

Folks this is a big time blunder and misstep so please fix it ASAP. Without the Cellular Data the iPhone is useless…..

iPhone 6, iOS 9.0.1, Toggle Buttons to (ON) Cellular Da

Posted on Sep 24, 2015 12:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2015 6:39 PM

I am having the same problem. It It's driving me absolutely INSANE. I have no idea why Apple has not fixed this problem, but they really need to stop working on future just for a minute, and focus on the present.

8 replies

Sep 26, 2015 10:08 AM in response to sara sultan

Same issue here. iPhone 6 64GB. It's not a smartphone anymore, cellular data cannot be used with any app (except iMessage). Everything was working fine till I upgraded to 9.0.1. Even 9.0 was fine. Biggest bug ever. 9.0.1 supposed to fix bugs, not block using the phone!!!!! They say it's not impacting all iPhone 6, what's wrong with mine?

New iOS 9.0.1 Cellular Data CANNOT Toggle Button to ON for Apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.