Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS 9 since upgrading my two iphone now sync call logs

I have two iPhone one for business and one for personal. I do have the them on the same apple id for storage etc. I have always manage to separate them in the settings so they act as separate devices. But since I recently upgraded to IOS 9 the call logs seem to sync. Please note they aren't on the same wifi when this happens and I have switched off the handshake options.

To confirm

Only the call logs sync

The other device does not ring

How do I stop this happening?

iOS 9.0.1

Posted on Sep 24, 2015 4:24 AM

8 replies

Oct 7, 2015 11:26 AM in response to leeadams51

Bump. Exact same situation-- one iPhone for business and one for personal. I cross over quite a bit between devices (personal and work activities on both phones) but I have a strict separation for calls. I really do not want the risk of accidentally calling clients from the personal number.

Anyone have any success in disabling the call log sync? Additionally, I would prefer NOT to disable Handoff as I do use that fairly regularly to shift between the two phones / my laptop.

Hopefully Apple will be forthcoming with a means to disable this 'feature'? Maybe? Possibly? Pretty please? 😐

Oct 7, 2015 12:21 PM in response to leeadams51

Hi leeadams51,

I had the same issue. I was able to resolve mine by removing the verified email address that was also being used for FaceTime. As soon as I did that mine and my wifes call logs stopped sync'ing.

Here is my post from another thread yesterday:

Yes it had to do with an old verified email address that was once used for FaceTime.

I went to settings / iCloud / tap the account at the top / contact information and removed the old email address.

So far no sync of call log between the two devices any longer after almost two days.

During my research I came across Apple tech articles that stated this was an issue in iOS 8 that was fixed around 8.1 and has come back with iOS9 and hopefully fixed soon with a future update. The issue AKA bug incorrectly identified which device was actually tied to the activity so it simply showed it on all devices.

Oct 7, 2015 12:44 PM in response to wpbjim

That is strange. Could you recheck and see how many verified email addresses you have listed? When you were setting up your ID you were asked to create a rescue email address. In my case my rescue email address which was verified was my wife's email which was also used a long time ago for FaceTime. Once I removed her old email address the call logs stopped sync'ing. Hope this helps.

Oct 7, 2015 2:32 PM in response to Briansyddall

LCPepper-

Thanks for the info.. I'll be testing this evening to see if that will resolve the issue for me. I'll report back on my findings.

Briansyddall-

I appreciate your response as well. However, please refrain from copy-pasting off topic canned responses that spread misinformation. It's not helpful. As several of us on this thread have stated: we are having issues with multiple devices being used by the same user for separate uses (I.e. Work / personal). As others have said, this was a bug in early iOS8 that was later remedied by updates. Your response was identical to false info from months ago.

IOS 9 since upgrading my two iphone now sync call logs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.