Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music control via Watch not working after 9.0.1 update

How Dos!

Is anyone else experiencing an issue with music control not working from your watch? It seems to have started since I upgraded to 9.0.1. A few friends who are still on 9.0.0 have tried & are still able to control music via their watches.

iPhone = 6+ (iOS: 9.0.1)

Watch: (WatchOS2)

Cheers!

Apple Watch Sport 42mm, watchOS 2

Posted on Sep 24, 2015 4:24 AM

10 replies

Sep 24, 2015 6:34 AM in response to teamdude

watchOS1 + iOS8 = Fine

watchOS1 + iOS9 = Laggy Music App on Watch. Few second delay changing songs or displaying info.

watchOS2 + iOS9 = Still Laggy

watchOS2 + iOS9.0.1 = No sync between iPhone Music and Watch Music.

iPhone will play one song. Watch displays different song is playing.

Prev/Skip, Play/Pause and Volume button don't work on Watch. No effect on iPhone

Apple Watch Sport 42mm + iPhone 6+

Sep 24, 2015 8:32 AM in response to fenwayfaith

And it would seem it's not just the Music app. Basic things like the current weather show up on my watch face, then show up as null a few minutes later. Apps taking a long time to load.

None of these were issues before I updated to 9.0.1 this morning. Leads me to conclude that this minor version update has introduced some flakiness between iPhone and Apple Watch connectivity.

Sep 24, 2015 1:20 PM in response to WhippyDoubloon

Same issue, also have problems with the maps app and the navigation with the watch. When I navigate with the phone my watch don't show dire anymore.

In my phones Bluetooth settings, it says that my watch is not connected with the phone. My phones says it has a connection. When I reconnect, it says disconnect after a few seconds. Everything worked fine until the update to iOS 9.0.1

Sep 24, 2015 5:17 PM in response to teamdude

Have you all tried actually un-pairing and re-pairing your Watch and iPhone? I was seeing some "glitches" and the Watch was working weird - locking up momentarily, etc. - and I decided to un-pair/re-pair it from the last backup. Everything seems to be working fine now - even the music app controls on the Watch.

Music control via Watch not working after 9.0.1 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.