Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Repair iCloud for windows to use iCloud with Outlook

I'm trying to set up iCloud so I can sync Outlook / iPhone calendar as per https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1a-KHQG0n4

I've installed the iCloud control panel but it will not work and keeps saying 'Repair iCloud for windows to use iCloud with Outlook'

I've been trying to fix this for hours!

I've tried:

Uninstalling iCloud control panel and reinstalling (with system restarts)

Repairing iCloud control panel from control panel (with system restarts)

Uninstalling iCloud control panel using CCleaner and reinstalling from fresh download (with system restarts)

Repairing iCloud control panel using Microsoft Fixit

I'm using Windows 8.1 64 bit.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks

Posted on Sep 24, 2015 6:36 AM

14 replies

Apr 27, 2017 1:49 PM in response to Gemalla

I dont know if this is still relevant to any of you, but this is how I resolved it with v 6.2 icloud on windows 10 (but can still be relevant in other versions of windows). Before doing, read all of these instructions thoroughly, there are some additional notes to consider.

-These instructions are basically a grand wiping of products-

I uninstalled office completely with add/remove programs and then deleted "Office" and "outlook" folders in

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft

C:\Program Files (x86)

C:\Program Files

C:\Users\"yourusername"\AppData\Local\Microsoft

C:\Users\"yourusername"\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft

I removed every apple application(itunes, icloud, through add/remove programs and then deleted the Apple related folders I found in

C:\Program Files (x86)

C:\ProgramData

C:\Users\"yourusername"\AppData\Local

C:\Users\"yourusername"\AppData\Roaming

My suspicion is that in the C:\Users\"yourusername"\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook folder there is an OST that is corrupt and that is whats causing the error. You could just delete the corresponding account OST and try a repair, but I went with a full removal of products. You may consider otherwise if you use POP mail and have all of your mail downloaded to your machine. Id hate for you to lose your archived mail. If you keep a copy on the server, then no worries. My instructions are based off of office365 and exchange setups. Anyway, long story short, try removing the offending OST first in that instance. Ex: yourname@icloud.com.ost

Ill try to make myself available if you have more questions. Its a bit confusing, but I did get it to work this way.

Sep 30, 2015 5:01 PM in response to erik1618

Same issue here. As soon as I move from Outlook 2013 to Outlook 2016 (which came with my Office 365 subscription), then iCloud for Windows failed to synch. I happen to be running Windows 10 so this is not an issue between Windows 8.1 or Win 10 operating system but an issue with Apple's iCloud for Windows application.

Similar to how Apple needs to address this, Microsoft in turn needs to address support for contact (CardDAV) and Calendar (CalDAV) Synchronization so a MacBook user can also use Outlook 2016 for Mac and be able to see iCloud contacts and calendars.

Both companies need to play nice together and hopefully come forward with a fix soon.

Oct 9, 2015 8:00 PM in response to erik1618

I'm using Windows 7 and having the same problems reported above. This functionality is a big reason my entire family is using iPhones. Now that Google is working better with Outlook, I can see a lot of people making the switch if Apple doesn't get this FIXED asap. Because here's the other thing...now that Office 2016 is out, Dell isn't even offering computers with Office 2013 any more so EVERYONE with a new Dell will lose the important iCloud functionality.

Oct 24, 2015 9:27 AM in response to Gemalla

Hi there. I am also facing the same issue after upgrading to Windows 10. I have been using Office 2010 and Windows 7 Pro 64-bit as from 2014 without any problem so far and just as I upgraded to Windows 10, iCloud for Windows ceased cooperating with Outlook. I unistalled iCloud for Windows and reinstalled it a couple of times but in vain... Any suggestions please?

Nov 3, 2015 2:05 AM in response to Gemalla

I have the same problem. I am setting up a new pc for the first time with Windows 10 and Office 2016 and I can't resolve this error. I have tried repairing Outlook and ICloud for Windows but I still get th same problem. I have also tried setting up an Outlook IMAP account directly. Neither the self discovery method nor entering explicit settings as per iCloud guidance work. Interestingly, my old PC, using Win XP and Office 2013 now also fails to log in to the iCloud IMAPS account. This was running faultlessly up until about a week ago.

I also struggled to set up a gmail IMAP account on Outlook until I found that I had to log into gmail and set "Enable less secure apps" to ON. This fixed the problem for gmail. Is there also a similar hidden option that needs setting for iCloud?

Nov 3, 2015 11:01 AM in response to chrisfrompattishall

I'm sorry to discover that our discussion here becomes totally futile, unless Apple and/or Microsoft come with a coherent solution to the problem asap! What's even more infuriating is the fact that the more problems are quoted here, the less involved they seem to be! How many more posts do they need to read in order to turnaround the issue? Microsoft keeps advertising the big success of Windows 10 in terms of millions of adoptions and new installments, whereas Apple is bragging about their latest toy, Apple TV whilst both shrugging an indifferent shoulder to crucial software issues, here! Are we talking "entertainment" here or valid customer support? Can please someone knowledgeable from either company please respond with some serious feedback and solution?

Nov 3, 2015 3:00 PM in response to Gemalla

I'Ve been struggling with this too.

windows 7.

64 bit

outlook mail

pc/ipad4/iphone5s

things i've found out:

• Calendal won't sync with outlook 2016 but does with 2013
  • calendars between apple devices: show op in icloud.com if set in icloud calendar on device
  • error occurs with icloud downloaded because icloud gets confused. Cause: outlook 2016
  • reinstal won't help
  • switching accounts in icloud, linking accounts on outlook settings and swapping email adress, using servers on advanced sertings won't work
  • all calendals installed bedore this madness stays there until deleted.

Nov 3, 2015 3:09 PM in response to WBNL

Then why don't we all come out and voice out the fact that Apple creates false promises and don't do anything to remedy the problem? Why, on earth such a callous behavior? I am not even sure that icloud contacts were able to successfully sync with Outlook, even in previous versions of Windows or Outlook (such as 2013 or earlier versions).

Nov 18, 2015 7:27 PM in response to Gemalla

Im having the same issue... windows 10, outlook 2016. Wont display the options to sync calendar etc... keeps crashing with that error saying to run repair.

Total BS that this isnt working. I rely on a unified calendar that shows me my icloud and my outlook calendar. Now I have to keep flipping back and forth

A real pain.

Hopefully this gets fixed.

Everyone needs to open support tickets with apple to get this some squeaky wheel attention.

Repair iCloud for windows to use iCloud with Outlook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.