Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPad seems to be stuck in Verifying IOS 9.0.1

I have an iPad3. 64 GB Memory

I downloaded the IOS 9.01 update a little over an hour ago.

Still in Verify Stage. Purchased through Verizon.

Updated my iPhone also purchase through Verizon and noticed it took a long time to verify what seem to be a very small update. But; it did update.

Any Suggestions.

Suggestion other than waiting. Would like to do a Shutdown and Restart and Try again. But can't seem to do it.

I am having to post through my MacBook Reason for Details of system showing at Bottom

iPad Details are:

iPad (Third Generation) Wi-Fi, plus Cellular VZ

64 GB RAM

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5), Feb 2011, 2.8 GHZ i7,8 GB RAM

Posted on Sep 24, 2015 7:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2015 9:29 AM

I fixed my issue:

1. used Round button next to power Cable and the flat button at top of screen, held both dow 10 seconds until Apple Logo came up
  2. Screen went Blank The screen opened and slide to open
  3. Went Back to General setting to Software install and clicked to restart install.
  4. This time verify only lasted few second and install began 15 minutes later.
  5. Open to main screen
  6. Went to General again, and to software.
  7. this time verified was updated to 9.0.1 – no damage to other software.
18 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 24, 2015 9:29 AM in response to pjonesCET1

I fixed my issue:

1. used Round button next to power Cable and the flat button at top of screen, held both dow 10 seconds until Apple Logo came up
  2. Screen went Blank The screen opened and slide to open
  3. Went Back to General setting to Software install and clicked to restart install.
  4. This time verify only lasted few second and install began 15 minutes later.
  5. Open to main screen
  6. Went to General again, and to software.
  7. this time verified was updated to 9.0.1 – no damage to other software.

Oct 4, 2015 5:02 PM in response to pjonesCET1

Yes -- this was Perfect. I tried -->connecting to power cord to laptop ONLY-->holding home down-->waiting for response on iPad for several times. That didn't work. Tried Holding Power-->Holding Home--> Simultaneous and within minutes I was up and running again. Nothing lost, no apps missing....etc.... Reset-->Restarted-->Then updated as normal-->no problems! Thanks!!

Jan 29, 2016 3:48 PM in response to chersch2

I had to use same procedure on IOS 9.2 as well. I think these systems are getting larger than many iPads can handle. Won't be surprised if I don't need to swap to a 128 GB iPad Pro or Equivalent.

Even Installing EL Capitan on My Mac is Teeth Chattering. It restarts three times and takes about 1.5 Hrs to install. Technology is changing faster than we can keep up.

My iPad seems to be stuck in Verifying IOS 9.0.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.