Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Windows 10 on a Macbook Pro 2011?

I have an early 2011 Macbook Pro, which according to Apple does NOT support Windows 10 under Boot Camp.

Despite this, my Windows 7 installation reports that my computer is ready to update and the only incompatibility will be Bluetooth, which won't work. Has anyone tried this? Any issues? Am I asking for trouble if I give it a go?

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Sep 24, 2015 7:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2015 8:23 AM

Give it a go. Apple has not put this in a list, because they do not have certified BC6 drivers for your hardware. You can use generic drivers instead.

19 replies

Oct 18, 2015 4:36 AM in response to NickRich

Well, I plucked up the courage to give it a go and now have a mostly working Windows 10. Even my bluetooth mouse works, though not the scroll wheel.

The only slight irritations I've come across so far are that keyboard brightness & volume controls don't work. I tried following Apple's instructions to update Boot Camp drivers, but the installer just gave me an error message. If anyone has any tips on a fix for this, I'd love to hear them.

At least I have a usable installation of Windows 10 for when I really need to use it, so thanks, Loner T, for the encouragement.

Oct 18, 2015 9:00 AM in response to Loner T

Thanks for the help here.

In Device Manager the only item with a yellow exclamation mark is Bluetooth USB Host Controller. Attempting to update this, no driver can be found.

Under Human Interface Devices, there is no Apple keyboard driver. Under Keyboards, there are 3 HID Keyboard Devices shown. Each of these is up to date, it says.

Running Apple Software Update reports that software is up-to-date.

Is this the end of the road?!

Windows 10 on a Macbook Pro 2011?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.