Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

game center still not working with 9.0.1 upgrade

Game center still not working with 9.0.1 upgrade. Anyone know what's happening with this issue / when it will be fixed?

iPhone 4S, iOS 9.0.1

Posted on Sep 24, 2015 8:30 AM

10 replies

Sep 25, 2015 8:30 AM in response to coljoy1

Hi coljoy1,

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with GameCenter on your iPhone. I also apologize, I'm a bit unclear on exactly what specific issues you are having or describing. If you continue to have issues with GameCenter, you may find the troubleshooting steps outlined in the following article helpful:

Using Game Center on your Mac or iOS device - Apple Support

Regards

Oct 4, 2015 1:56 AM in response to brenden dv

Having the same problem since update to ios 9, now updated to 9.0.2. still not able to open game center. I have the now well known white screen, also when I try to go to game center in the settings, it freezes my ipad and have to close it down to be able to get it to work again. I can't open certain games at all and some with problems. Some of the games I had problems with in Ios 9 (waiting more than 10 minutes to start) do not open at all in ios 9.0.2. So it grew from bad to worse.

People advised me to reset it to factory settings, but that will be risky since you can loose your progression in games an apple lady told me and she advised me to wait for a bug fix, it would be there any moment, did she mean the 9.0.2. bugfix? That didn't solve anything at all, just made it worse.

When is apple going to really fix this problem?

In the future I won't update anymore until all bugs are fixed. Don't want this mess ever again.

By the way, the link doesn't help at all, it just says how game center works, not a fix.

Oct 5, 2015 7:58 AM in response to Aunty32

Good info, thanks. The "Apple Lady", who ever she is, may not be correct, resetting will definitively change the "settings" stored on a phone but would not delete local data or information stored on the Cloud. Below is a link to a large article on Game Center. As you can see there: "Even though the scores are displayed by the Game Center app, the score data and formatting are provided to Game Center by the game."

https://developer.apple.com/library/ios/documentation/NetworkingInternet/Concept ual/GameKit_Guide/Introduction/Introduct…

I hardly use Game Center so I cannot provide personal experience. However just to test it, I opened Game Center on my iPhone. It came up as it should, shows my screen name and the fact that I have played one game, so all appears ok from my end (the "bug" may not apply to all). Good luck and thanks for the feedback again,

elcpu

game center still not working with 9.0.1 upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.