Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After updating to ios9 I am unable to mirror my iPhone's 5&6 to Apple TV ? Apple TV has latest update installed. iPad that still works is using ios8.4.1 works.

After Updating to ios9 I am unable to mirror my iPhone 6 to my Apple TV. iPad running iOS 8.4.1 still works.

iPhone 6, iOS 9.0.1, null

Posted on Sep 24, 2015 8:25 AM

12 replies

Sep 24, 2015 8:41 AM in response to csadusky

Try the following steps, check whether things are working after each step where appropriate, before trying the next.

1. Check AirPlay is turned on on the Apple TV (turn it off and on if it already is)
  2. Check that both devices are on the same network (Settings > Wifi, on the mobile device and Settings > General > Network, on the Apple TV).
  3. Restart the Apple TV (Settings > General > Restart).
  4. Restart the Apple TV by removing ALL the cables for 30 seconds.
  5. Restart your router. (Also try removing it’s power cord for at least 30 seconds)
  6. Restart your mobile device.

If you are still having problems, the following article(s) may help you.

Troubleshooting AirPlay

Troubleshooting Wi-Fi networks and connections

Recommended Wi-Fi settings

Wifi Diagnostic Software (for Mac users)

You may also find some help on this page, where I’ve collected some of the more unusual solutions to network issues.

When making adjustments to your network for better optimisation, you may find some of the points mentioned on this page helpful.

Nov 2, 2015 11:59 PM in response to csadusky

Im having the same problem, done every reset, pulled plugs rebooted router this IS a iOS 9 issue with my iPad 3 not a user issue, I updated to ios9 on Sunday and my iPhone 6 still air plays fine where as my iPad 3 doesn't, it shows the options for AirPlay and mirror and when you select it, it does nothing.

any idea when an update will get pushed through to fix this?

May 3, 2016 10:12 AM in response to csadusky

I believe I am having the same problem. I have this setup:

• iPhone 6, model A1549, running 9.3.1 (13E328)
  • Airport Express 802.11n 1st Generation, model A1264, running 7.6.4
  • Apple TV 3rd Generation, model A1427, running 5.3 (6105)

I am trying to mirror my iPhone screen for a Keynote presentation. I believe that all are running the latest available software versions. The Airport Express is in there to create a WiFi network because I will be presenting at a venue with no WiFi, and it has no upstream internet connection.

I see my Apple TV in Airplay, but it shows up as a speaker instead of a display:

User uploaded file

When I connect my iPhone to the Apple TV, my video does not mirror. I can only play audio through the Apple TV. I was hoping to use this setup for a presentation in a couple of days, but it looks like I will need to set up something else. Help!

May 3, 2016 11:49 AM in response to Diana.McCall

My problem seems to be that my Apple TV failed to apply the update properly when I performed a normal software update prior to my previous post. Since then I restored my Apple TV to factory settings, which caused it to update to 7.2.1 (8011), and my video mirroring appears to work now. I was just testing as you replied, Diana. Thank you!

So, for anybody else having this problem, I suggest checking the software version, and then attempting a full restore to factory settings if software update doesn't install a recent version.

After updating to ios9 I am unable to mirror my iPhone's 5&6 to Apple TV ? Apple TV has latest update installed. iPad that still works is using ios8.4.1 works.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.