Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage and FaceTime not working on MacBook

I have been having this trouble with both applications for a few days now. I initially thought it might be because I've moved into a flat which new wifi but everything works on my phone and my internet access on my MacBook Pro is working perfectly too.

I can log in fine on both Messages and FaceTime on my Mac, I go by the 2 step verification for my AppleID as I have always done. However, I cannot send or receive FaceTimes, nor can I send/receive iMessages. I've done a PRAM reset, updated to the latest OS (Yosemite 10.10.5), changed my AppleID password, checked the internet connection, made sure my Date/Time is set to automatic. I really don't know what to do.

My 'status' of my messages when I right click is set to 'offline' as whenever I attempt to send something I get the notification that it has not delivered, as if I don't have sufficient internet connection. The account is enabled when I go on to the Messages account section and both my mobile number and email address are ticked. I then try and go onto preferences for both Messages and FaceTime and 'see details' of the AppleID account and am presented with my email address for my ID which is greyed out, and am asked to enter my AppleID password, which when I do enter says is incorrect for both applications despite having logged onto/signed into both apps successfully on my MacBook.

Can anyone help please? This is very frustrating!

Thanks

Posted on Sep 24, 2015 8:44 AM

6 replies

Dec 31, 2015 7:22 AM in response to gracefromgb

I've recently had the same problem on a new MacBook Pro. I tried everything, and nothing worked. Went to wifi settings on my iPhone, hit info beside my network, scrolled down, and hit renew lease. Quit messages on the Pro, and relaunched it. Worked like a charm (for now). I'm no computer guru, and I don't even know what I did really, but I thought I would share this in case it is that simple for someone else. Thanks! Happy New Year!

iMessage and FaceTime not working on MacBook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.