Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone will not connect to wifi

My iPhone6+ which has worked perfectly up until a few days ago, all of a sudden will not connect to wifi. I have tried:

1. Reset network settings

2. Reset all settings

3. Upgrading software to latest version

Many thanks for your help.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 9.0.1

Posted on Sep 24, 2015 9:07 AM

2 replies

Sep 24, 2015 12:09 PM in response to kenfromlondon

I also have a similar issue. I have an iPhone 6 on iOS 9.0.1 that suddenly won't transmit data through my home 2.4 Ghz band Netgear router's wifi network. It will connect to the 5 Ghz band no problem and works very well, but the 2.4 ghz band will show I am connected and not load any data.

I have tried the following:

Reset Network Settings

Turn Phone On/Off

Reset router

Also, my router when I check the attached devices, does not seem to recognize the name of my iPhone. It will list the names of other devices just fine, but the MAC address associated with my phone has "<unknown>" listed under device name. It also has "<unknown>" listed as my iPhone's IP address. Other devices are listed by name and IP address no problem.

My wife's iPhone 5s on 9.0.1 works fine on both bands. My laptop, roku boxes and iPad all work fine on either band. This is frustrating!User uploaded file

iphone will not connect to wifi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.