Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't download apps from app store in ios 9.0.1

since i update my phone to new version of ios(9.0.1) only one time i had download app from app store and after that i cant download anymore.
please help me how could i solve this problem?
thanks

iphone 4s and ios 9.0.1

iPhone 4S, iOS 9.0.1

Posted on Sep 24, 2015 9:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2015 11:43 AM

I Have this issue with an iPad 3. Most apps on updating install just fine but some will hang up in the install phase, after it appears the data has downloaded from the App Store. To fix it, I do a hard reset (press and hold the on/off button and the home button until the iPad reboots, and then you will notice the apps that failed to be installed at the update session are no longer visible on the home screen panels. Go to the App Store, press on purchased and find the apps that stalled on first attempt to update. You will see the circle bullet beside the app icon, seemingly stuck or you will see the cloud icon. Tap this to restart the update and now the update and re-install should be successful! I think this is a random glitch not affecting any particu app, but I think must be a glitch in the App Store update system? I have never had this problem before in all the years I have had my iPad 3. Let Apple know you have this problem too in aid of encouragping their engineers to look at this problem. I see there are currently 88 people on this forum who have had a similar experience! Apple cares about theses things but they need to know about it to fix it. Apple apparently does not monitor these forums so it is important you let Apple support know you have this issue too!

HOpe this helps.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 2, 2015 11:43 AM in response to dahraft

I Have this issue with an iPad 3. Most apps on updating install just fine but some will hang up in the install phase, after it appears the data has downloaded from the App Store. To fix it, I do a hard reset (press and hold the on/off button and the home button until the iPad reboots, and then you will notice the apps that failed to be installed at the update session are no longer visible on the home screen panels. Go to the App Store, press on purchased and find the apps that stalled on first attempt to update. You will see the circle bullet beside the app icon, seemingly stuck or you will see the cloud icon. Tap this to restart the update and now the update and re-install should be successful! I think this is a random glitch not affecting any particu app, but I think must be a glitch in the App Store update system? I have never had this problem before in all the years I have had my iPad 3. Let Apple know you have this problem too in aid of encouragping their engineers to look at this problem. I see there are currently 88 people on this forum who have had a similar experience! Apple cares about theses things but they need to know about it to fix it. Apple apparently does not monitor these forums so it is important you let Apple support know you have this issue too!

HOpe this helps.

Oct 2, 2015 11:42 AM in response to Doug.ie

thanks for your help
it seems to be a problem to receive internet to some apps!!!and deny to reach the connection.because when the app store didn't work, instagram application didn't work too and show the message that no internet connection.some times this problem disappears and app store download as well...i don't know why.
i tried your help and it seems to be work...but i think the issue still has been remain.

how could i let the apple support to identify my problem?

Oct 2, 2015 2:21 PM in response to dahraft

GGreetings dahraft

TO notify Apple support about your issue just click on the support tab in the Apple web site and scroll down to the 'Contact Us' section and tap on 'contact us'. This will give you an opportunity to start up a chat session, or email, or phone. The chat session is very useful and they really try to be helpful!

Oct 3, 2015 1:39 PM in response to dahraft

Tried everything then i solved like this.

1. Close the App Store

2. Tap Settings > General > Date and Time > Set Automatically > Off. Set the date one year later.

3. Restart your device by pressing and holding the sleep/wake button until “Slide to Power off” appears.

4. When device is restart wait 10 minutes.

5. Launch the App Store, this time you see connection error on blank screens.

6. Close the App Store.

7. Tap Settings > General > Date and Time > Set Automatically > On

8. Re-launch the App Store.

can't download apps from app store in ios 9.0.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.