Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

4S constantly freezing in standby mode on IOS9, requires soft reset.

I have a 4S that I upgraded to IOS9 recently, but have found that the screen consistently freezes when locked and in standby, meaning when I come to use it, it doesn't respond to the home button or the power switch. Like it's switched off in fact.

The only way to get it back on is to perform a soft reset with the home and power buttons. Obviously, this is not a long-term solution. I don't have a back up, but then I don't suppose this would help anyway if it's an issue with the OS?

Anyone having the same problem, or have any possible solutions?

I'm on 9.0.1.

Thanks.

iPhone 4S, iOS 9.0.1

Posted on Sep 24, 2015 9:35 AM

2 replies

Sep 25, 2015 6:16 AM in response to Milliner

Since I posted that, I noticed the background app refresh setting was on. I don't normally have it turned on so maybe it was activated by default when it came out of low power mode? I'm sure it was still off after the IOS9 update anyway.

Either way, I haven't had the problem since...Not sure if disabling a function is a solution as such, but it seems to have worked for me.

Oct 2, 2015 6:23 AM in response to Milliner

I also updated my 4s to iOS 9.0.1 and wish I didn't. What an idiot I am for falling for all the hype, now I have all these PITA glitches to contend with, the worst being my music playlist skipping like an old turntable with a worn out stylus. The graphics are also very plain and non-appealing compared to the original software. I'm no tech expert but I would suggest that unless you find the performance of your 4s unbearable or you downloaded a previous update that is giving you problems that you just stick with what you have and ride it out until you get a new phone.

4S constantly freezing in standby mode on IOS9, requires soft reset.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.