Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Calendar problems after ios 9 upgrade.

Anyone else having problems with a sluggish calendar program after the ios 9 upgrade? It doesn't seem to open days easily. I hve to touch the date several times before it opens.

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.0.1

Posted on Sep 24, 2015 9:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2015 10:59 AM

iPhone 6, iOS 9 (calendar worked 'normally') BUT iOS 9.0.1 (some days will not open).

"Today" will open the current day for details.

Once a single day details are open, I can move to another day. I can move within a day's details (scroll through hours) and appointment details.

36 replies

Sep 24, 2015 11:37 AM in response to bartlettman

Actually, some people report using a double-tap to open a single day easily. I have found and others agree that quickly tapping the day and not leaving your finger there is working as well. Not sure exactly if there is an issue, or if Apple made changes and just did not indicate them. I'm searching the online User Guide to see if it mentions it.

After looking at the iOS 9 User Guide for the iPhone, it makes me wonder if this has something to do with the 3D Touch feature of the iPhone 6s and 6s Plus. When you read the iOS 9 guide, it talks about how you can tap on a day to see the list of information, or it mentions this for the newer devices.

Peek at a day’s events. On iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus, in the monthly calendar, press a date to peek at that day’s schedule, then swipe up to see actions. Or, press deeper to pop open the schedule.

I wonder then with the older phones if keeping your finger on the screen for a longer period of time, as if to press rather than tap, it is confusing the iOS. Just a guess on my part. That could be why a double-tap or quick tap works.

Oct 10, 2015 7:55 AM in response to ChrisJ4203

I looked online and saw several suggestions. I went into settings and checked my iCloud settings and I went to calendar and set default to 1 day. Other than that I've been looking around online trying to see if anyone else is having that and can't find anything. My wife has same p as me and I had her try it and she's having same issue. But I think she's still on iOS 9.02 as well

Oct 10, 2015 7:58 AM in response to Ddg37

I'm on iOS 9.0.2 on an iPhone 6s. So I wonder if having a default alert is what is causing the problem. I don't have a default alert set, and I'm able to adjust mine as indicated earlier. When does this change to both showing the same? Are you setting the correct alerts, then saving it, but when you look at it, it has changed, or does it change as soon as you try to set it?

Oct 10, 2015 8:18 AM in response to ChrisJ4203

I Didn't have any default alert set either. I only changed that after reading an article online. I go into calendar and create an event. Then I go down to alerts and set the alert then select second alert and when I go back to the event after setting second alert both alerts show what I chose for the first alert. so if I set alert 1 to one day then choose second alert and select 2 hours then the back arrow both alerts show 1 day.

Calendar problems after ios 9 upgrade.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.