Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ios9 ipad air2 and ipad air rotation home screen not working anymore

After updating to ios9 and to iOS 9.0.1 the home screen rotation is not working anymore. I also have many issues when using FaceTime. In this case the screen rotation is never correct.

Why Apple is not responding to all these rotation issues??????

Has anyone had a reply from apple on this issue?

iPad Air, iOS 9.0.1

Posted on Sep 24, 2015 9:54 AM

15 replies

Sep 24, 2015 10:00 AM in response to lukefromCH

In my experience, Apple almost never responses to "bugs" unless they consider them to be very widespread or security issues and they only respond after they have fixed them. I had the screen rotation issues in iOS 8, but iOS 9 fixed it for me and from what I have read here in a few discussions, iOS 9 fixed it for many other users. Maybe you have something else going on with your device. Have you done any troubleshooting?

Oct 4, 2015 2:15 PM in response to lukefromCH

I think i have a solution.

I had the same issue. I can confirm what you all have stated that it didn't happen with other apps, just with home and lock screens and that it went away once I slided or pressed the home button or opened an app.

Had a chat with Apple Support; they made me do a soft reset and they ran a remote diagnostic. Nothing showed up apparently. Support told me that this particular issue should have been resolved with iOS 9.0.2 update. So they suggested a full reset.

I did a backup, shut off "Find my iPad" on iCloud (dunno why they asked me to do it, but they were very specific about it); reseted the iPad as "new device" and updated to 9.0.2 from iTunes (I had previously updated from the device)... and it worked!

No problems with rotation anymore. No lag or slow-motion turns.

I will update this if anything happens. But so far, it worked.

Oct 5, 2015 7:27 AM in response to MissPau

Still having trouble with screen rotation on my iPad Air with iOS 9.0.2, despite a full reset and restore from backup: The iPad does not "automatically" update the screen orientation when rotated. At least, it finds and updates to the correct screen orientation after pressing the home button...

Hey, Apple, please fix this with 9.0.3!

ios9 ipad air2 and ipad air rotation home screen not working anymore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.