Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Google contacts iOS 9 sync problem

Anyone else in here using google contacts and calendar with their iPhone?

I did some googling and apparently only changes you make on your iPhone are pushed instantly to your Google account. The other way around though, if you make changes on the web or from an android device, push doesn't work. So far so good.

I set fetch to manual because I'm pretty much adding calendar events and contacts 99% of the time from my iPhone. Calendar events sync as soon as I open my calendar app.

The problem is contacts.app. No matter what I do it just won't sync. The refresh button in the upper left corner does nothing. The only way I can force a sync is when I change something else on the iPhone. For example when I add another contact the little spinning wheel appears and it pushes the change to Google and at the same time it seems to fetch the changes I made on the web or on my android tablet.

I honestly can't remember if it has always been this way or if iOS 9 broke the refresh button in contacts.app

iPhone 6, iOS 9.0.1

Posted on Sep 24, 2015 11:43 AM

68 replies

Sep 29, 2015 6:29 AM in response to shiroandy

Hope this helps as this resolved my Google Contacts.

Copied from another form. Credit goes to user - Raven Ray

Open Settings

Open Mail, Contacts, Calendars

Sync -> Switched from "Events 1 Month Back" to "All Events"

That retrieved missing contacts, hopefully all of them. Hmm, just found I had set FETCH to Manually, not sure if the issue is with that. I am changing that to Hourly, as I do not have any idea how to FETCH manually.

Oct 3, 2015 5:27 PM in response to debell

I'm having the same issue. No problem with contact info syncing from Iphone6 (IOS 9.0.2) to Google contacts, but anything entered via Google (on a desktop for example) does not sync back to Iphone contacts app. The manual refresh circle arrow in top right of contact app does nothing. Only way to force a sync is to toggle contacts on/off from Settings->Mail,Contacts,Calendars->Gmail->Contacts (switch from green on to off, back to green on).

Hope this gets resolved soon.

Oct 5, 2015 4:46 PM in response to bronin7

I have just recently loaded this version of iOS and I have the same problem, but with iCloud Contacts.

a ) System is not loading all contacts in iCloud

b ) It has taken a while syncing my notes

c ) It doesn't transfers purchased apps.

I hope this will be solved in the next two hours automatically as with my notes. I really think we are talking about "temporal bugs" ... sometime ago during another upgrade we had the same problem. The big problem is currently not having son and ex-wife loaded in my iPhone, so I can't call them.

Of course if you have any commentaries I would appreciate it.

Oct 7, 2015 9:06 AM in response to bronin7

Same problem here. Bummer, because it was working fine on my iPhone 5, iOS 8. Just bought an iPhone 6 and upgraded to iOS 9, now contacts don't pull from Google without shutting off the phone and turning it back on. On the old phone I would often have to press the "Refresh" button on top left of contacts screen, but that would always work (pulling latest from Google). Now that button does nothing.

Really hoping that this gets fixed ASAP!

Thank you,

Ben

Oct 8, 2015 6:17 AM in response to MikeMcCollister

as of 9 am today (Oct 8, 2015) this issue seems to still be alive and well on my phone. (iPhone 5 and iOS 9.0.2) I did use the suggestion to add a contact to my phone. I simply added a fake last and first name. Low and behold, that worked and my new contacts added to Google Contacts (from my PC) were synced to my phone. This has been an issue in many past iOS updates and seems to continue. Where is Steve Jobs when you need him? LOL Like the rest of you, I patiently wait for Apple to fix this issue.

Google contacts iOS 9 sync problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.