Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to stop call history from showing on other devices with same apple ID ? this happened after downloading iOS9

how to stop call history from showing on other devices with same apple ID ? this happened after downloading iOS9

iPhone 6, iOS 9.0.1

Posted on Sep 24, 2015 9:52 AM

4 replies

Sep 24, 2015 12:55 PM in response to TimHal

There isn't any setting you can change to prevent that. You can make a suggestion at http://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html

If the devices are used by different people it is recommended that each have their own Apple ID (and there are a number of other disadvantages if not doing that). Family Sharing makes that a bit more feasible than it was at one time. http://www.apple.com/icloud/family-sharing/

Sep 25, 2015 11:28 AM in response to FoxFifth

I seem to have run in to this as well after iOS9 update - wasn't a problem on iOS8. I have two iPhones (both iOS9, used by two different people, but shared Apple/iCloud account). Both have "Calls on Other Devices" set to OFF. While I certainly don't receive the calls directed to other iPhone, I certainly see these calls in my call history - annoying!

Oct 8, 2015 10:22 PM in response to migabc

Pasted from another thread (Re: How do I stop sharing call history between two iPhones (one mac)) since I had to look hard to find solutions...

For us, 9.0.2 does NOT fix the issue with shared calling histories between different iPhones. We both have iPhone 6s's on iOS 9.0.2. I tried shutting off WiFi phone calls, disabling Handoff on her phone (I need it on my phone) as well as ensuring her phone and devices aren't selected for "Allow Calls on other devices".

What worked for me was to disable iCloud Drive on my wife's iPhone 6s -- as suggested in another thread (thanks, ifat) thankfully she doesn't use any iCloud drive features. I know this isn't optimal but it works for our situation to preserve the features we need.

I realize people will say use different Apple ID's but the primary reason we are sharing Apple IDs is to share the iCloud photo library: that way pictures we both take end up in the same library. We both then have access to our 325 GB library with over 15 years of photos, a huge benefit of a cloud shared photo library. For us, Family Sharing isn't really about sharing purchases.

If Apple would allow Family sharing to also share the iCloud Photo Library that would solve this issue. Ideally, Apple would allow authorized family members to access the shared photo library (configurable per device as I don't want all my little kid's photos from their devices). It would also require sharing the full storage plan of the primary account holder (otherwise sharing a huge library doesn't work), and this could be used to allow iCloud device backups all to the same storage plan.

Until then, I hope Apple realizes many people share the Apple ID for the photos and re-enable the sequestering of the call history to each device. It would make sense for call history to be sync'd among devices selected in the "Allow Calls on other devices" preference.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.